wireworks

anyone out there in their 50's?

Hi, we are in our mid/late 50's and are coming over to Adelaide this August to validate our visa, planning to move over permanently next August. We have no family or friends (yet) in Australia, and would love to meet up with any of you so we will at least know a few faces when we make the big move.

Cheers, Helen and Lou

Guest Brummie

Hi Helen and Lou,

Welcome to PIA, you haven't said where about you are going when you arrive for your holiday. My husband and I are in our 50's. We live north of Adelaide in an area called Golden Grove. I have lived here in Australia for the last 39 years, my husband is a true blue Aussie. How long are you coming over for in August? Where are you staying? You are coming in our winter, so be prepared for cold weather. Please give us some more details, and we will try and organise to meet you, or you come here for coffee.

Rita and Malcolm

Guest Guest75

That'll be me then - just past my 50th but my mental age is somewhat less.Depends how much alchofrol I've had.:goofy:

There is a thriving community of folk with grown up kids who come out to play again.:)

Hi Rita and Malcolm

We will be arriving in Adelaide on the 5th August, staying on Maslin Beach for about a week, then a couple of weeks in Aldgate and finishing up with a week in Norwood, flying back to the UK on Sept 5th.

We realise it is winter and hope to be prepared for it - it was a deliberate choice as we have only visited in summer before and thought we should see what winter is like. We are hoping it will make getting around a bit easier without flaking out in the heat!

We would love to meet up with you - as I said we have no family or friends over there so it would be good to make some contacts, and at our age it can be less easy than when you have school-age children in tow!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Helen and Lou

Guest SA Great

Maslin Beach eh? At least you won't need any clothes!!

With regard to clothes, our winter is roughly equivalent to your November, this might make it easier to pack your suitcase.

Guest Brummie

Hi Helen and Lou,

So you have been here before so you know what to expect,well at least in the summer. We live in the opposite direction to where you will be. But once you are here I'm sure we can organise something. If you look on google earth you will see we are a fair distance from Maslins Beach. Did you know that Maslins Beach has a section where you can go in the nude? Will you be renting a car for the time you are here? You will like it in Aldgate very nice up there in the hills, but will be very cold. I will send you a PM with my phone number and when you are here we can organise a time to meet you both

Rita and Malcolm

Thanks for the hint re temperature - we're going to look great at Heathrow all set for winter while everyone else is off to the sun!

We only found out about the 'special' section on Maslin beach after we had booked our accomodation, don't think it will be too popular this time of year.

Guest kerfumph
    Hi, we are in our mid/late 50's and are coming over to Adelaide this August to validate our visa, planning to move over permanently next August. We have no family or friends (yet) in Australia, and would love to meet up with any of you so we will at least know a few faces when we make the big move.

Cheers, Helen and Lou

PM Kangomik, he's over the hill and in to the bowls/croquet/snuggies scene.