Ashamed/questioning/ranting..all in one thread!

Lazy Cow

Morning Adelaide!

Firstly, I think I might have to apologise to LastBoyScout aka Lee and Shell because I notice their thread has been closed. I hope it wasn't because of my flippant request for a fight with my friend Dippy Dora (still on for the dog park?) or my taking the shell-suit in vain...:confused:

If it was..and even if it wasn't...would it be possible to know why such an inoffensive thread was closed? Was it just because it had run it's course? (That's the questioning part.)

Now for the rant! I joined this site because Poms in Oz is such fun! Questions are asked, jokes posted etc, but the overall feeling IMHO, is one of a community that can take the mickey out of itself and each other, without fearing the heavy hand of a moderator -and I'm not slating moderators here as I know they are very important. Opinions are just that, opinions, and have value whether we can agree with them or not. It would be a shame if this site became as quick to pull/close/delete posts as another site I know.

These sites offer an important point of contact for people. I come on when I'm bored (ie.supposed to be cooking or in this case, ironing!). If I can help, then I will - just as people helped us in 2005- but surely we can have fun too?

That's it! All over! Back to the ironing I guess....:(

LC

Guest dglamoore

Sorry - did not realise (and am sure that most of the other members did not realise) - that Dippy Dora was a friend as she had only joined that day and posted the once so not privvy to any banter from other forums between you two. To some it just seemed like a bit of the back biting that others forums enjoy so much :rolleyes: All the others comments you have posted were left without problem.

Sorry if you feel the moderating on here is too heavy handed (what with all the 100's of posts I delete and move for no reason every day ;)) but when something is requested it is followed through if good enough reasons are given :)

There is plenty of fun and joking about each other on PIA but maybe what you mean does not always come across the same when read by others.

Lisa:cool:

the title smack fairy surely gives away the banter that does go on here at PIA - mostly at my expense :-)

Guest mOZzy

i think we all are just 'overprotective' of this site!! because it really IS a friendly site without any bickering! - as we all experienced on other sites ...

LC i read some posts from you on 'the other site' and i realised you are quite the joker. but i guess you are quite sarcastic too and that's hard to 'understand' if you don't know the person and can't see them. i am quite sarcastic myself so i sort of understand it ;)

it's all good

Guest guest569

How can you compare sites and attitudes ??? From where i see it as a newbie its all the same people just with different usernames. ( Me included ):D

Guest Django

I thought it was a bit of banter as I remember reading other exchanges between you two. Its very similar between myself and Ali@51. There is no nastiness just having a laugh. pms behind the scenes speak for that. You need to use more smilies to show its a bit tongue in cheek

That said it is not an easy job moderating. Lisa has to troll through every post and make a decision. She cannot be expected to remember every previous post as unlike the rest of us she needs to read everything written and not just the stuff that interests us.

This is a great site and if Lisa is in a no win situation. If she reads something as banter and doesn't act and some people see it a 'custard slinging';) then she is 'wrong' if she sees it, as she has done in this case, as a bit of nastiness creeping in and acts she is seen as heavy handed. Lisa is by no means heavy handed. I can't think of many cases where she has acted in this way.:confused: (thinking) .....No I can't. At the end of the day Lisa has the final word and I think we should all back her decissions as having done (and still doing) the job on other forums its not easy. Especially now that this place is getting busier.

I simple PM to Lisa from both of you explaining that it wasn't the start of a 'slanging match' would have resulted in the thread being reopened without many people noticing. Rather than a public discussion about it. That said big respect for your post on this thread putting the record straight.

I'm certain Lisa acted as she did because she/we don't want this great forum turning into a blue version of the yellow place.;) Better to nip things in the bud rather than see the fur fly.

Sorry for the length of this post. I got on a bit of a roll there. :D

Pete

Guest lastboyscout
Morning Adelaide!

Firstly, I think I might have to apologise to LastBoyScout aka Lee and Shell because I notice their thread has been closed. I hope it wasn't because of my flippant request for a fight with my friend Dippy Dora (still on for the dog park?) or my taking the shell-suit in vain...:confused:

If it was..and even if it wasn't...would it be possible to know why such an inoffensive thread was closed? Was it just because it had run it's course? (That's the questioning part.)

Now for the rant! I joined this site because Poms in Oz is such fun! Questions are asked, jokes posted etc, but the overall feeling IMHO, is one of a community that can take the mickey out of itself and each other, without fearing the heavy hand of a moderator -and I'm not slating moderators here as I know they are very important. Opinions are just that, opinions, and have value whether we can agree with them or not. It would be a shame if this site became as quick to pull/close/delete posts as another site I know.

These sites offer an important point of contact for people. I come on when I'm bored (ie.supposed to be cooking or in this case, ironing!). If I can help, then I will - just as people helped us in 2005- but surely we can have fun too?

That's it! All over! Back to the ironing I guess....:(

LC

No offence taken TBH:D

I took some of the replies to being a bit tongue in cheek, not malicious in any way, so don`t worry about it. I just want my thread back as there was a few good responses in there :)

Guest dglamoore

Have reopened the thread as the originator wants it that way :)

I had only closed it after receiving a pm complaining - not all want it light and fluffy and nothing at all with a good debate and having opinions but obviously if threads upset members I have to act.

Like Pete says a simple pm or a few more smilies would have helped :) No harm done and all is as was :rolleyes:

Lisa:cool:

Guest Guest75
How can you compare sites and attitudes ??? From where i see it as a newbie its all the same people just with different usernames. ( Me included ):D

I've got the same Nym'......in fact it is used in 9 forums + 20 Usenet groups.

:P

Guest Guest75

I think LC needs a severe slapping with a wet Halibut followed by 3 weeks chocolateless and boozeless. :P

Wots with the shell suit.........thought you had gone native now.................."fluff bally trakkie bottoms" and all that.

;);)

I can't tell you how much your reply means to me Tyke. :)

This whole thing has upset me more than I can say.:( I don't know why I care, I just do. And I don't understand how asking for a fight on the internet could be seen as threatening ...e-fists at dawn, perhaps?:rolleyes:

Oh and the shell-suit? A horrible joke!;)

So I'm off, forever...adieu.

LC

Guest Django

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!:(

What forums like this need to work, along with people with knowledge and experience to answer questions are people like me that need to ask questions, are people with character. Without banter and all that type of malarky going on forums would be a very boring place.:(

I look forward to more of your posts on here.;) You should not be upset by a small misunderstanding.

Pete

I've got the same Nym'......in fact it is used in 9 forums + 20 Usenet groups.

:P

yep, still got my name to but i can't say i use it in 9, that is 9 forums !!!! where do you get the time tyke !!!;)

Guest mOZzy
I think LC needs a severe slapping with a wet Halibut followed by 3 weeks chocolateless and boozeless. :P

Wots with the shell suit.........thought you had gone native now.................."fluff bally trakkie bottoms" and all that.

i absolutly second this one!!! and all the chocolate and booze she can't have she'll have to send to me :P

utoh, a native cow :eek:

Guest ralph n bev
I can't tell you how much your reply means to me Tyke.

This whole thing has upset me more than I can say.:( I don't know why I care, I just do. And I don't understand how asking for a fight on the internet could be seen as threatening ...e-fists at dawn, perhaps?:rolleyes:

LC

Lazy cow ,

dont go ,

just change your username isnt that what people do???

(Joke by the way;))

Bev

Guest Django

You won't find me in on any other Ozzy forum under any name. ;) Mind you thats probably a good reason to join another one. :P

With this place I can't see the need for them. :cool:

Pete

Guest ali@51

AWWWWWWWWW Pete u just spoiled it 4 me. All this time I've been picturing u in a tin hat and slippers with your guitar over your sholder giving it billy big steps in the opposit direction from me!!!!!!!!! 18_2_105.gif .But seriously I think this is a lot of fuss about nothing. Lazy Cow some one has taken what u said the wrong way but what the heck. We all get it slightly wrong sometimes and wether thats u or them I wouldnt like to say. So from someone who puts their foot in it on a reguar basis and instead of stoping digging imports another spade so she can dig faster I think its time for us all to get out of the hole put dolly back in the pram and get on with what this forums for which is sharing information and helping each other out. We are all quite protective of this forum becaus u can put your head above the parapet most of the time without getting it shot at 14_6_4.gif .I think this fuss is probably due to the forum getting busyer so we dont know each other as well as we used to and the fact that we all know thir have been some intentional bi**hy comments made recently and perhaps this one has ruffled a few feathers because of that. anyway can we all be freinds now pleeeeeeeeese. 36_1_39.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxuk101LWGB

Following all the fuss, i would just like to add that PIA is the BEST site out there for helping everyone find the information that we all need given by the friendliest bunch of people you could possibly wish to meet.

A bit of banter is a great thing and a little leg pulling does not hurt anybody. I should know after the fuss with the Flaming Gallahs golf day the gang had the comments coming thick and fast about the total lack of co ordination from all us guys:D

Everyone just keep up the great comments and advice you all give each other and it shows just how good the site is when all the others from other forums are now coming to their senses and joining the best!;)

Guest Django
Following all the fuss, i would just like to add that PIA is the BEST site out there for helping everyone find the information that we all need given by the friendliest bunch of people you could possibly wish to meet.

A bit of banter is a great thing and a little leg pulling does not hurt anybody. I should know after the fuss with the Flaming Gallahs golf day the gang had the comments coming thick and fast about the total lack of co ordination from all us guys:D

Everyone just keep up the great comments and advice you all give each other and it shows just how good the site is when all the others from other forums are now coming to their senses and joining the best!;)

I would like to second our club secretary's excellent post. All those in favour say 'aye'.

Pete

Guest Guest75
yep, still got my name to but i can't say i use it in 9, that is 9 forums !!!! where do you get the time tyke !!!;)

It takes practice!!

One forum is very low traffic so not much time spent on there.Another is a Bedlington Terrier forum which is a little slow.

The others are high traffic including one you might not expect me to be in.

I suppose some are a mix of bus/pleasure.

I do get chance because we work from home.

;)

Guest Guest75
I can't tell you how much your reply means to me Tyke. :)

LC

I've PM'd you ya daft Moo!!