Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dagget

Legal separation doc/ Penal clearance cert?

Guest Dagget

Hi Guys

I'm just in the process of applying for my SIRS visa having got sponsorship from SA on Friday(Yay!). I've got to the document checklist and there's a couple of things I'm a little bemused about? Just wondering If anyone can help?

Firstly, Legal separation document...............do they mean a "deed of separation"? Having done some internet searching that's the only thing I can come up with. I've found an online firm that does it for £47, about £100 cheaper than any of the high street solicitors I contacted. I'd like to know If anyone else has gone through this and what I actually have to state?

Secondly, what's a Penal clearance certificate? It says download form 47P which I did, but its not actually a form at all, just a series of contacts for different countries. Under the U.K it has a link to Police.uk site but when you go there it says the service is know longer in use. ( the site not the Police force.......although I'm beginning to wonder!)

I'm thinking they may mean a CRB check, which if it is, could be the death knell of my application as the last time I had one done it took around three months to come back, my application has to be in by August as I'm 45 then.

Sorry to have gone on, but can anybody shed some light?

Thanks in advance, Dagget

Guest soggy

They do mean the criminal records check, if you go to the police station and ask for a form for a subject access request, or download one from your police force web site, this will cost £10 per person and as it is done unsing the data protection act they have 40 days to supply it. Dont worry as this has not got to be sent with the main visa appliction you can wait until in is requested by your case officer when you get one.

Simon

Guest ali@51

I realy must get my eyes checked or my mind removed from the gutter as I had to read that 2nd bit 3 times befor I read it right:D. I was going to sugest a trip to the DRs might be in order but I guess in retrospect that might not be usefull. Hope you get the info u need or at least a reply from someone more helpfull than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest dglamoore
    I realy must get my eyes checked or my mind removed from the gutter as I had to read that 2nd bit 3 times befor I read it right:D. I was going to sugest a trip to the DRs might be in order but I guess in retrospect that might not be usefull. Hope you get the info u need or at least a reply from someone more helpfull than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can only imagine what you had been reading :D:o

Yep deed of seperation is what you need along with the police checks as Simon has said

Lisa:cool: