Guest CHORLEY GIRL

475 and Medicare

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi all,

I know we have had loads of questions on this. Hoping someone can help getting more confused the more i read:goofy:

My self and OH are both on monthly perscriptions, i have had a look on the PBS site and it appears to be saying that we are entitled to reduced perscriptions but only for so many months depending on what meds you take. For example i am entitled to 5 reduced scripts per item i think, then have to pay full price, one of the meds i'm on are $97!! another $67 plus others so it's not going to be cheap. Does anyone have any experience with this, or on medication etc. Is it cheaper to get a Health Insurance Policy that contributes towards perscriptions?

Am looking for some advice really to see if i have read this information correctly and to see if others on medication have had this problem and can offer any advice.

Thanks Jo and Tom x :)

Guest Pies

Dunno, but I start work in healthcare in a couple of weeks - will post when I can.

Guest Ledges

Hi Chorley Girl,

We are from Chorley originally too ! Where are you headed and when ?

I think you may find a problem with private healthcare option also, they "may" not contribute due to a pre-existing medical condition? Although you would have to check it out.

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi there the Ledges,

Not originally from Chorley but have lived here a few years now, just outside town. My OH from Liverpool (never mind):biglaugh: We are going out in Jan as promised family we would have this xmas with them, and we have not stopped smiling since we got the YES!!!

Jo and Tom x

Guest Pies

Apologies for delay in coming back on this: have checked with local pharmacists (a fair number of them) and Medicare has a safety net of around $1200,after which you get help with prescriptions: at the mo a scripts costs around $32.90 if subsudised by PBS. If private script then you are at the mercy of the charges of the pharmacy - choose wisely, there are many of them and some charge a lot less than others.

I am not aware of any issues with 475 visa and medicare, if you are on reciprocal agreement.

Hope this helps.

Guest Umar

Dear All,

I have a quesiton, can I study on 475 or only I am allowed to work on it and no study is allowed.

Regasrds,

UM

Guest soggy
    Dear All,

I have a quesiton, can I study on 475 or only I am allowed to work on it and no study is allowed.

Regasrds,

UM

Hi,

you can study on the 475 but you will have to pay full international fees, this will be a lot of money, also you will still need to complete 1year full time work to change to a PR visa before the 475 expires.:)

Simon

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Thanks for that Pies, useful info and something to think about. Nothing we can do, at the end of the day we need the meds. At least we don't have to pay the full amount for the percriptions i suppose that's a bonus.

Cheers Jo and Tom:)