Guest Pies

Swimming facilities??

Guest Pies

Hi all,

Apart for the Aquatic Centre, what swim facilities are there?

Looking in particular for learn to swim for a 6 and 4 year-old towards the beach side Glenelg or above?

Pies

Guest the4hopes

Theres a swim centre down Marion rd, near Plympton. They do lessons for children and adults.

Guest Pies

Cheers - easier to get to than Adelaide straight after school......although lessons some price!!

Guest dave

can vouch for the Pro Swim on marion rd. my two kids are goin there and they love it. cheers, dave

Guest June Pixie

What about the oudoor pool at Burnside - Is that a nice one?

Guest Pies
    What about the oudoor pool at Burnside - Is that a nice one?

Good spot - my wife is desperate to find an outdoors pool, so she is well chuffed - opens up again in October for the season, so we'll know then, I guess.

Guest Pies

Excellent!! My wife brought up in a hot climate and think she is desperate for the kids to have a similar experience, but she couldn't immediately find outdoor pools on the website. Cheers for this.

Our kids go to stateswim, and they love it, they have come on so much, and in summer they both go in the sea now!! As for outdoor pools, the one in Oaklands park, just opposite the driver education centre is great, with a slippery dip (waterslide to us) baby pool, small pool for wee ones, and the normal big pool. Lots of shade sails, big grass area, playpark, and even a coffee/burger bar. Yes we go there from October when it opens, and love it.

Guest Pies
    Our kids go to stateswim, and they love it, they have come on so much, and in summer they both go in the sea now!! As for outdoor pools, the one in Oaklands park, just opposite the driver education centre is great, with a slippery dip (waterslide to us) baby pool, small pool for wee ones, and the normal big pool. Lots of shade sails, big grass area, playpark, and even a coffee/burger bar. Yes we go there from October when it opens, and love it.

Brilliant! The kids will love that, and we know their swimming skills will be a bit behind their native peers, so roll on October - in the meantime, swimschool here we come....