Guest weesp

Visa Question

Guest weesp

Hi, I have put a post on here (Temp Visa 495) about my son going home due to him struggling with finding work. One question that has cropped up, if he goes home, and then decides in 6 months or a year to come back, can he? Somebody told us that as he has left the country and he is 18, if he wishes to return, he would have to apply on his own visa. Is this right, even though he is officially under my OH's visa?

Please can you help as this would be the nail in the coffin for me to think that he could NEVER return here!

Lynn

Guest BAZnDAF

I would have thought as long as your OH visa is valid then your lad can come and go as he pleases.

But i would check with DIAC if I were you, just to make sure

Hi Lynn,

I was speaking to Tony about this and said that I didn't know how this would work, although he is on the visa just now, I didn't know if the situation changes once they are 18 and that it would be best to contact either your agent or phone direct to the immigration office. Your situation yourselves will change next year when you apply for your residency, so unsure if this has an impact if Brad is out of the country at the time.

I do hope it all works out in all your favour, as I know personally how hard you guys have been trying to get things up and running for Brad and as a family.

Good luck and give the dept of immigration a phone call, that way you are getting the information straight from the horses mouth. If it is going to be good news, ask them to put it in writing so that they can't go back on their word.

x

Guest soggy
    Hi, I have put a post on here (Temp Visa 495) about my son going home due to him struggling with finding work. One question that has cropped up, if he goes home, and then decides in 6 months or a year to come back, can he? Somebody told us that as he has left the country and he is 18, if he wishes to return, he would have to apply on his own visa. Is this right, even though he is officially under my OH's visa?

Please can you help as this would be the nail in the coffin for me to think that he could NEVER return here!

Lynn

Hi,

first of all I am not sure but I think you had better get some expert advice, I am on the same visa and seem to remember to qualify for PR all the visa holders have to live, work or study in SA for the two years, so I think once you get PR he would then have to make his own application, if he decided to come back before you have PR it may hold up your application as you have not all lived in SA for 2 years.

My memory is not what it was so think you should get advice on this.:)