Guest Boopy

confused!!

Guest Boopy

:arghh:My partner and I thought that we were eligible to apply for a regional 457 visa as I am classified as an office manager, we have just been told that because I don't have a degree I am not eligible - she didn't take into account my 4 years experience - they previously told us that we were!

Am confused - can anyone tell me if we are eligible??

Thanks

Guest Libby1971

I am not sure that we can as all cases are different. Have you tried one of the migration agent companies in the UK? Most will give you a free inital assessment of your case.

We used Ian Harrop. If you have a look at the threads in the Migration Issues section of the forum, I think you will find a number of companies listed.

Good luck and I hope someone can clarify this situation for you asap

Guest Boopy

Hi Libby,

Thanks for your reply

This was from a UK based agency

We completed the online assessment, passed that, they called us and we talked - we took some time out to think about this etc and now when I call them to take this a step further (just like to point out that we took only a couple of months, not years) they tell me something else completely!

What makes it even worse is the girl on the phone really had this 'I don't care care' kind of attitude!:mad:

Guest BAZnDAF

You don't have to have a degree, but you have to have enough experience that would equate to a degree, not sure but i think its 7 years experience at that role. You need to check with the assessment body to find out what is enough experience. I have no idea who your assement would be with.

There are plenty migration agencies in the UK - unless you are committed to using this one I would phone a couple more and ask them if they think you are eligible.

Wendy

I'm on 457 visa. If you can get a company to sponsor you, then you do not technically need a degree. They will take into account work experience and class it as "prior learning". As for the amount of years experience, i think it depends on what job you do. The only thing you have to watch when coming over on it is that if your sponsoring employer says "thanks but no thanks after you've been here a couple of months, you then have to either find another employer to take over the sponsorship, or else it's bye bye. Oh and i think if you do not have the drgree, you must be employed by the sponsor for 2 years in that position before you can apply for PR. Not 100% sure on this, best to check with migration agency, and/or your propossed employer if you have one.

Shaun

My husband hadn't got a degree either. He had to do a skills assesmnent with the TRA and his diploma and 10 yrs experience got him through. Think you need a minimum of 7 yrs experience though.