Guest calwezoe

Best areas surrounding burnside hospital ?

Guest calwezoe

Hi

I am currently studying towards my Midwifery qualification after whcih time I am hoping to relocate with my family.

I am hoping to secure a job at Burnside Hospital or the Women and Childrens hospital after recent contact with them.

Can any one please give me advice on the best family friendly neighbourhoods within commuting distance to the hospital. :)

I appreciate any information you can give including any other hospitals that offer maternity services.

Thanks ZOE X

Guest Libby1971

Near Burnside...

Tusmore Park

Kensington

Marryatville

Burnside

Colonel Light Gardens

Magill

Kent Town

these are all popular areas and are the ones that pop most easily to mind. I teach in this area and the kids are mostly from these suburbs.

As for near WCH, North Adelaide is a gorgeous suburb.

If you search using www.realestate.com.au you will find that properties in these areas are not cheap. If you plan on commuting, perhaps considering how long you would prefer to travel might narrow your search.

We are currently travelling between our place in Reynella East and WCH. It takes us from 30 mins to just over an hour, depending on the time of day.

To get to Burnside, it takes me roughly from 20mins to 45 mins again depending on time of day.

A couple more places to add to the list are: Stonyfell, Wattle park, Hazelwood Park, Rosylyn Park, Glenunga, Glen Osmond.

These are all great areas to live in - I actually live in Stonyfell (beside Burnside)

The schools are great and very sought after! (state schools)

Hope this helps!

Fiona

Guest calwezoe

Hi, thanks for the reply's, we are willing to commute 30-45 mins drive from burnside if anyone has any other suggestions.

thanks

Hi, thanks for the reply's, we are willing to commute 30-45 mins drive from burnside if anyone has any other suggestions.

thanks

How about the north east? I live in golden grove nice here and rent is a lot cheaper then the lovely burnside area. also wynn vale, redwood park, banskia park and the area's this way should take abot 30- 45 mins to get to burnside.

Check out Highbury, Athelstone, Dernancourt too. Nice areas, range of house prices and styls, not too far from Burnside, good schools/shops/facilities of all sorts.

Guest jones1541

The Wife has just been offered a job in BWMH and now its just the start of the big search for areas. This blog has thrown a load of areas up to have a look at.

Other areas to consider that are on the east side of the city and very close to Burnside:

Magil

Morilata

Rostrevor

Tranmere

Hectorville

Newton

St. Morris

This thread is over 3 years old !!, she would be here by now if she was coming ? I wouldn't bother suggesting locations for her now, tho it may be useful to other people !!

This thread is over 3 years old !!, she would be here by now if she was coming ? I wouldn't bother suggesting locations for her now, tho it may be useful to other people !!

I was responding to jones1541 who posted yesterday.

The Wife has just been offered a job in BWMH and now its just the start of the big search for areas. This blog has thrown a load of areas up to have a look at.

Hey Jonesy, My wife is currently working in Burnside if you need and info sure she would help ?

I was responding to jones1541 who posted yesterday.

LOL wasn't being critical, Makes you wonder though, about all the people that pop up with genuine intentions of moving over, write a few threads, then they disappear never to be heard from again ? Suppose when they look deeper into it and realise that they dont fit the DIAC profile for some reason or other, who knows??

Guest jones1541

Excellent guys, thanks. She had an interview yesterday and was offered a post in recovery. We have a viewing for our house on Tuesday and if things pan out we hope to be there in Feb. I think Claire would love a chat with someone who works there now.