Guest Jakepow3

September move. (at last)

Guest Jakepow3

Hi, I am new to adding threads but have been following for a number of months. We are finally making the move on September 10th. Still haven't sold house but at the moment we could be waiting forever, so have just decided to go anyway.

If there is anyone out there going around that time who would possibly like to meet up beforehand or when we arrive, that would be great. We are in north east with 2 boys aged 10 and 11.

Cheers

Dave and Lou :biglaugh:

Great news that is so exciting.... We can't wait just waiting and hoping for our visa to come through. I know there are few around your area so hopefully you will be able to meet up before but if not I am sure there will be plenty of people to meet once your there.

Good luck

Michelle

Guest everhopeful

Hi Dave and Lou

We are going in August. We live in Kent so not possible to meet up beforehand but maybe when you arrive.

Do you know anyone in Adelaide? Have you been before?

5 weeks to go for us and counting. We also couldn't sell our house so we have rented it out, at least it will give us an income if we don't have work immediately, all be it in the UK.

I have family there so have a rental house sorted already, furniture is on its way and should arrive at the same time as us.

Let us know how you are getting on.

Regards

Joanna and Tony

Guest Lisado

Where abouts are you in the North East? We live in Washington and fly out on 4 September

LIsa

Guest Jakepow3

Hi,

Thanks for reply. We are in Darlington.

Dave and Lou

Guest Jakepow3

Hi

We have a couple of friends in Adelaide who moved out 2 years ago and have settled in nicely even though they said it was difficult in the beginning. At least we will know someone but it seems there are quite a few people going out at the same time.

Dave and Lou

Hi Dave and Lou,

Yet another family travelling out in September. There seem to be loads going out in September.

I am trying to organise a meeting up for 1st August 2009 in Bury, near Manchester. Not sure if it is too far for you to travel. Would love to see you there if you can make it, or could you not arrange a meet up for those of you who live North East.

Maybe will meet up once in Adelaide, we fly on 5th September.

Good luck with your plans.

Alison, Trev, Tom (11), George (nearly 8)

Guest hulltigers
    Hi, I am new to adding threads but have been following for a number of months. We are finally making the move on September 10th. Still haven't sold house but at the moment we could be waiting forever, so have just decided to go anyway.

If there is anyone out there going around that time who would possibly like to meet up beforehand or when we arrive, that would be great. We are in north east with 2 boys aged 10 and 11.

Cheers

Dave and Lou :biglaugh:

hiya we are from hull, we are flying on 27th sept, have aunt/uncle in hallet cove so going to go stay with them for a month or so till we find a place of our own, be nice to keep in touch, phil 39 debbie 37 charlie 9 summer 7

Guest Lisado

If you want a met up in NE we can do that - not many weekends are free mind. We would love to have gone to the meet up in Manchester but have aussie pals coming up on 1st to see us before we go.

We live about 20 mins from Darlo so can meet durham way if its easier

we might be kid free though as they off to arious family members for final hols) so just let us know

We go on4 sept, staying over in Hong Kong and settling in Port Noarlunga - where the kids start school in October

cant believe its their last week in school this week

Lisa

If you want a met up in NE we can do that - not many weekends are free mind. We would love to have gone to the meet up in Manchester but have aussie pals coming up on 1st to see us before we go.

we might be kid free though as they off to arious family members for final hols) so just let us know

We go on4 sept, staying over in Hong Kong and settling in Port Noarlunga - where the kids start school in October

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Aren't you organised. The kids start school in October - wow. We were thinking of not starting ours in school until January. Which school are they going to. Still struggling to research the schools.

Hope you are able to get everybody together for a meet up at your end.

Alison x

Guest hulltigers

Lisa

hi we was looking at port noarlunga school too, it does look a good one. we wasnt sure to get ours in straight away as they dont move up till next april so our kids are a good few months infront of the oz children. did you get in that school pretty easy. phil

Guest Lisado

Hi Alison

We emailed all the schools in the area of PN and PN Primary School came back to us as did Seaford and couple of others. We got accepted for PN Primary. They start 12 oct to ease them into it.

I have noticed a huge differencein attitudes in schools there to here

I feel like I need to get school sorted and house to put my mind at ease and my parents !!

Lisa

Guest sutty77

Hi Everyone.

We are going on 8th sept. We are from Withernsea, myself, hubby Matt 34, Danielle 12, Olivia 10 and Ellie mae nearly 2. Seems quite a few going from around yorkshire region.

Just thoughti,d say hi and good luck everyone. We are heading to Hallett Cove too.

Mandy

Guest hulltigers
    Hi Everyone.

We are going on 8th sept. We are from Withernsea, myself, hubby Matt 34, Danielle 12, Olivia 10 and Ellie mae nearly 2. Seems quite a few going from around yorkshire region.

Just thoughti,d say hi and good luck everyone. We are heading to Hallett Cove too.

Mandy

hiya mandy, we are from hull, not far from you, if u wana catch up. we are heading hallet cove area. small world eh, phil, deb, charlie and summer

Guest Jakepow3

Hi all,

It seems that loads are leaving in September. Does anyone fancy meeting up around the Durham area, I know a couple have already mentioned it. Sometime mid August. It would be great to meet a few people before we get there.

Dave and Lou:jiggy:

Guest Lisado

We are happy to meet up in Durham - just name a day and we'll see if we can make it

Lisa

Guest Obedoh

Hi

We are moving on 20th September and are looking at Port Noarlunga/Aldinga Beach. Would be nice to meet all other families going around Aug/Sept for a meet up when we get settled there.