cormcvcr

Lock your doors!

Well, I have been robbed, whilst in my home!

I had a phone call on Friday morning from a gentleman asking if I had lost a black bag.

My response - what makes you think it's mine?

I was then told that a number of my business cards were in the bag, hence the reason for the call. Now I do own a bag where I keep my business cards, but it is normally at the side of my bed. I said I would go and have a look and if it wasn't mine then they could take it to the police station.

I asked where they lived, Hallett cove, same as us. I asked which street......It turned out to be the same as us, just across the road from our house.

I went to their house, the bag was mine, but also my camera bag was with it..now this had been behind the bar in my lounge. The lense of my new still shot camera which I only bought a couple of months ago and paid a fair bit for it, was still in it....but my dvd hd camera was gone.

Whenever we leave the house, we always lock up, when we are in the house we never lock the door. So my estimation is that I must have been at the other end of the house or in the garden and an opportunist has come in. My problem is I think it was a kid, due to the fact that the most expensive item was still in the bag. I'm puzzled as to why just those things (not that I'm complaining) but there were plenty of other things lying around that would have been easy to sell.

Anyway, I am upset that someone had been in the house, but more so because, my son had taken part in the Zone State Championships for football and all his games (5 of them) were on the camera which I had still to download. So we don't have the evidence now to put onto disc as to how he had done. I'm gutted.

I went to the shops yesterday to replace it, only to find out that the camera I had, has been upgraded and now costs $200 more than when I got mine.

So moral of this story is, keep your doors locked at all times because I have shared my story with a few people and was informed that this is a very common scenario.

Hence the reason for our new purchase, the one and only Coisty the german shepherd! (won't let me upload a photograph, but I'll keep trying).

Guest LOOBYLOO

Sorry to hear your news. The same thing happened to me a few years ago when I was in the bath - came down stairs and all my cds were gone along with my purse (again think it was kids). Not a nice feeling knowing someone has been in your house. We all need to be security conscious.

I know it's a horrible feeling, the worst of it is they would probably only have sold it for $20, if that was the case I would have given them it for the sake of preserving the memories of my sons games.

Guest Guest75

That is awful Cornelia!!:mad::mad:

So sad to loose those memories on film.

Guest Libby1971

How sad to lose those precious memories.

Hope you are okay and I bet Coisty will make them think twice if they try coming back

Cornelia,

If it was a recent theft it might be worth you going into cash convertors or other second hand dealers to see if you can spot your stuff. If you have any serial numbers take them with you. Second hand dealers are bound by legislation but do not always adhere to the rules. Many people I have dealt with have found their stuff in these shops so be quick and you never know.

The crooks are not smart they wont think to go far to sell them on. try the local ones to you. there is def a cash convertors on South Rd but as I recall there is one at Noarlunga and maybe one in the Brighton Area.

Karen x

Guest KP Nuts

So sorry to hear your news, it's not a nice feeling knowing that someone has been in your home, I know......

Would love to see a picture of Coisty, that will make them think twice....

Cornelia,

If it was a recent theft it might be worth you going into cash convertors or other second hand dealers to see if you can spot your stuff. If you have any serial numbers take them with you. Second hand dealers are bound by legislation but do not always adhere to the rules. Many people I have dealt with have found their stuff in these shops so be quick and you never know.

The crooks are not smart they wont think to go far to sell them on. try the local ones to you. there is def a cash convertors on South Rd but as I recall there is one at Noarlunga and maybe one in the Brighton Area.

Karen x

Try eBay, Trading Post, and the Advertiser and Messenger too. You never know where these things will turn up.

Cornelia,

Karen x

Try eBay, Trading Post, and the Advertiser and Messenger too. You never know where these things will turn up. We have heard from a detective friend of ours that a lot of nicked stuff is ending up on eBay at the moment.

Guest mOZzy

ouch that's quite shocking!

sorry to hear that your precious memories have been taken!!

maybe another parent has recorded it as well?!?

Guest UzinOz

Cheeky beggar, imagine that!! Hopefully someone else will have recorded it!!

And wee Coisty is gorgious, I can only imagine him licking someone to death though :biglaugh:

J x

Guest Lee and Claire

Hi. I had to ask...is the dog named after Ally McCoist? ;)

Claire

Oh Cornelia, how horrible for you! Made me think again though, I almost NEVER lock the door when I'm at home, you just don't do you? I definitely will now though. Hope Coisty settles in well! :)

**** Cornelia, that crap news, bet Andy was seething!! Hope it works out ok for ya, and thanks for the advice. Not sure about dogs name though!! lol

Guest nickyblue
    Try eBay, Trading Post, and the Advertiser and Messenger too. You never know where these things will turn up. We have heard from a detective friend of ours that a lot of nicked stuff is ending up on eBay at the moment.

Hello,

Thanks for this idea.. We were broken into a week ago (again posibly while we were in the house!) and they took my Fiancee's wedding band (which we had just bought for the we had just bought for our wedding next year!) OH was so upset he has been round all the pawn shops looking for it but I'l have a quick look on ebay! It's prob long gone but atleast you feel like your doing something!

Nic

Guest bishop3912

OMG is so awful, to think that you will have to lock yourself in your own home just because of a few scumbags!! I hope that you all get your stuff back, hopefully cash converters will have it.