Guest Sazzle76

Hello! Im new and want info re Brighton pleez

Guest Sazzle76

Hi everyone.

I have recently been offered a rental house for 5 weeks in Brighton. OH has landed a job whilst we validate our PR visas on a 6 week reccie. :)

Can anyone tell me what this area is like? We have 2 small boys of 1 and a half and 3 and a half.

OH is not fussy where he goes but I come from semi rural Cheshire and like quiet villages and small towns other than big city limits!

Can anyone offer me any help before I commit to the house?

Many thanx

Sally

I think that wherever you go in Adelaide, it doesn't feel like a big city. Brighton is right on the beach, but also has a main road going passes it too, so depends what street it is. If you type in the address into google and select maps, it will show you the location of the street. The main road is called brighton road, and does get very busy at peak times. Other than that, if your away from the main road, it is a great place, will plenty parks and one of the best beaches around. Also lots of little cafes etc to have breakfast at in a morning. We currently live in North Brighton, and can't really fault it, again if away from main road.

Guest Sazzle76
    I think that wherever you go in Adelaide, it doesn't feel like a big city. Brighton is right on the beach, but also has a main road going passes it too, so depends what street it is. If you type in the address into google and select maps, it will show you the location of the street. The main road is called brighton road, and does get very busy at peak times. Other than that, if your away from the main road, it is a great place, will plenty parks and one of the best beaches around. Also lots of little cafes etc to have breakfast at in a morning. We currently live in North Brighton, and can't really fault it, again if away from main road.

Its on Cambridge Terrace, just looked on Google maps and the main road is the other end to where the house is. There is a railway line near this street though. Is it a noisy late night line?

We used to live right next to the main NW to London railway link and it was loud!

Thanks for your reply!

Guest Sazzle76

We decided to opt for the house in Brighton so if anyone lives nearby I will be arriving 22 Sept.

OH will be working so Il need to find places to go to entertain the 2 boys by myself. Any suggestions? boys are 1.5 and 3.5

Guest cazzie

Hi there,

We live in Seacliff, right next to the train station and I can honestly say that it never bothers us. Brighton is lovely all round. Good luck!