House sale fallen though

Guest sue&dave

Guest sue&dave

Just our luck, Just about to sign the contracts and they pull out of the house sale. Perhaps it was because i was being orgainsed and starting to pack and had a rental to move into. Now having to start again on those viewings again. It looks like we could be renting our house out as well when we come over to Adelaide.

Sue

Guest Lisado

Sorry to hear that but renting might be okay. We had rubbish offers on our house so put house up to rent - on the same day we had tenants who signed up for 2 years with possibility of buying the house. If they dont we will sell when market picks up and get (hopefully) whay we want for the house.

Don't be too disheartened - sometimes things happen for a reason. I'm a big believer in fate!

Lisa

Guest mayjess

Im really sorry to hear that, fingers crossed you get another buyer asap, this is the bit im dreading AGAIN, already went thru this palava in 2006 before I emmigrated, NOW because I am stupid-and bought again on returning to the UK, Ive got to go thru it all again, prob at a loss aswell, getting valuer out end of this mth and feel sick thinking about it, Im hoping to be pleasantly surprised, you never know, I can dream. haha

mayjess

Guest cazzie

Sue & Dave,

Sorry to hear about your house sale falling through - it's a period of real highs and lows isn't it? Who knows what or who is around the corner though. Good luck with it all -these things usually come right in the end. Stay positive and keep smiling.

Guest sue&dave

Thanks for your replys, At least i've stated on the de-cluttering. As you've all said it will happen when it happens, Best start unpacking those boxes that i had packed!!!!

Sue

Guest cunnah10
Just our luck, Just about to sign the contracts and they pull out of the house sale. Perhaps it was because i was being orgainsed and starting to pack and had a rental to move into. Now having to start again on those viewings again. It looks like we could be renting our house out as well when we come over to Adelaide.

Sue

feel soooo sorry for you as I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU MUST BE FEELING!!

Our house sale fell through an hour before exchanging contracts(that was last Sept)...we ended up renting it out within a week of the sale falling through BUT IT WAS SO STRESSFUL AT THE TIME!

Wish the laws were different in the UK ..... there should be a cooling off period ONLY...not this backing out last minute that so many buyers do without a care in the world!!

Guest LOOBYLOO

Wish the laws were different in the UK ..... there should be a cooling off period ONLY...not this backing out last minute that so many buyers do without a care in the world!!

It is different in Scotland. Missives have to be signed by both parties prior to completion. We sold in Oct 08 and the missives were signed within 3 weeks. The completion date was set for Jan 09 but we came to Oz in Nov 08 safe in the knowledge that if the purchaser pulled out they would have to pay comp + re-advertising costs. The sale went through without a hitch. Don't know why English law hasn't tightened up. So sad to hear of people being left high and dry when purchasers pull out at the last minute.