Guest BurgessFamily

hi ho

Guest BurgessFamily

We are the Burgess family, originally from Wigan and now living in Christie Downs.

I'm Rob, a 34yr old Software Developer (just looking for a job over here now). My wife Amanda is 30yr, and usually works with people with learning difficulties. We have two kids, Logan 3yr (nearly 4) and Leon 2yr.

Hello

welcome to the site, hope you find work soon and this cold weather we are having will not last long and before you know it you may find yourselves blending in with the locals rejoicing the rain :biglaugh:

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi there,

Welcome to the site, myself and OH have booked flights for Jan, had a few nights out in Wigan being from Chorley. I'm working with people who have Learning Disabilities at the moment and hoping to do something along them lines when i come out. So you will have to let me know how the job hunt goes, thats if your planning on working with the little ones.

Jo and Tom x:)

Guest BurgessFamily

I worked at Multipart in Chorley, and Amanda worked for Brothers of Charity there too. Who is it you work for?

The job market seems rather quiet here, but I'm hoping something comes up. I don't want to be having to go to Melbourne if I can help it lol.

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi,

Work for Linkability but have worked for various other companies, Tom is a Property Manager, did email a few companies a while ago and got positive responses but going to start sending CV's now and see what responses i get.

Am going to send my certificates to my friend in Perth so she can get my qualifications changed over for me for when i arrive, as we are going there first then driving to Adelaide.

My friend is working in a day centre in Perth, loves it, not on bad money and had no problem getting a job she said there are loads of jobs in our line of work, she even dictated what hours she wanted to work etc as she has children and can only do school hours. Wish it was that easy in Adelaide.

Fingers crossed i get some positive responses and some interviews lined up for when i arrive but i know from people on this site that they are having a hard time finding work. Will let you know how i get on.

Jo and Tom x:)