Sign in to follow this  
Guest sjs

Freak Tornado in Port Noarlunga?

Guest sjs

Hi everyone,

As some will know we have been off in Perth on holiday. Well we were just watching Harry Potter tonight and the news here has said that last week there was a freak tornado in Port Noarlunga? Sorry if I missed a thread - but they mentioned on the news about asbestos now being swept into the Onkaparinga as a result? Just want to hear anyones knowledge on the subject as it was only a news flash and was totally unaware till just now.

thanks sjs

Guest guest569

we were in KI last weekend and heard on the news a mini cyclone ripped through the footy ground at port noarlunga last sat lunchtime.:chatterbox:

Guest Guest75
    Hi everyone,

As some will know we have been off in Perth on holiday. Well we were just watching Harry Potter tonight and the news here has said that last week there was a freak tornado in Port Noarlunga? Sorry if I missed a thread - but they mentioned on the news about asbestos now being swept into the Onkaparinga as a result? Just want to hear anyones knowledge on the subject as it was only a news flash and was totally unaware till just now.

thanks sjs

I'm not an expert but I'd reckon that an awful lot of that asbestos would have been washed away by the torrential rains after.

Guest sjs
    I'm not an expert but I'd reckon that an awful lot of that asbestos would have been washed away by the torrential rains after.

I dont know Tyke - you would think so but this is what they are reporting on the news, what I presume is 1 week after the event? Anyhow will keep my ears open for todays news and eyes on this weeks Messenger!