Has Spring sprung??

Guest Fly Away

Guest Fly Away

Yesterday we went down to Victor Harbor and Goolwa, it was a lovely sunny day and the blossom was on the trees and flocks of birds seems to be arriving back. I know it is still Winter, but it seems very Spring like.... am I being too hopeful?? :wubclub:

yes, this is the time of year that the almond trees blossom and it comes off the trees about end of august/sept. We still will have some cold weather, but the days will gradually lengthen and this springlike weather is what to expect september onwards....very pleasant time of year. Of course spring can come early but not usually this early.

Guest Fly Away
yes, this is the time of year that the almond trees blossom and it comes off the trees about end of august/sept. We still will have some cold weather, but the days will gradually lengthen and this springlike weather is what to expect september onwards....very pleasant time of year. Of course spring can come early but not usually this early.

Thanks Rachel. The blossom is so pretty. I just hope it is an early spring!!!

It is just beautiful out today!!

Lovely indeed! :cute:

Flowers in bloom down at Victor Harbor yesterday

Guest panther
Yesterday we went down to Victor Harbor and Goolwa, it was a lovely sunny day and the blossom was on the trees and flocks of birds seems to be arriving back. I know it is still Winter, but it seems very Spring like.... am I being too hopeful?? :wubclub:

Almond Blossom this time of the year is beatiful and with a nice 18c day it feels like spring, but no the rains will fall again in the next few days.

However it will get brighter and a bit warmer in the lead up to September when spring is official.

Panther

Aahhhhh! But did you see any whales? We were down there Saturday in the search and not 1 to be seen :(

Guest Guest75

It's a bit early for spring yet but nice to have days like today in winter.

I love the fact that you can get out so much in winter - doing jobs around the garden/fishing and stuff:):)

Guest Fly Away
Aahhhhh! But did you see any whales? We were down there Saturday in the search and not 1 to be seen :(

Sorry, we saw loads.... One Mum and calf at Basham Beach - came up right infront of us and another at Freeman's knob and another down at Middleton who was swimming around for ages in the sunshine. If it makes you feel better the last time we went we only saw on flipper after 5 hours in the rain!!

Well it certainly feels like it! But no...surely...it cant be spring yet???? It's the middle of winter!

Well that's what I thought.... but it is very warm... so I was hoping LOL

Guest Fulwood

But do you really have cold weather or just cold for SA? I'm only asking as I'm sat here in the UK in the middle of summer sat in a fleece and watching the rain pour down outside!

I arrive in Adelaide September 7th and we're so excited about enjoying some warmer seasons!

well cold for south aus really, it is cold for us becuse it is our winter, but a day like yesterday and today with bright blue sky and warm sun would feel warm to those from colder climes. The light is different , on a sunny day in winter we can have a clear blue sky and strong light, whereas in winter in the uk if clear the winter sun is watery (as I remember it)

I never found the spring in Adelaide that noticeable. It just got gradually warmer.

Not like in England when spring is such a huge splurge of colour, with leaves appearing on trees that have been bare for months, and daffodils, bluebells, tulips, and blossom all adding to the colour. Most trees in Adelaide are green all year round and the grass gets greener in winter. However the winter countryside here is very monochrome, bare brown fields, brown leafless hedges, just dull and cold (I live in the countryside so the changes in the seasons are very noticeable).

Still it is nice when the days start getting longer and warmer.... the evenings are getting darker here already.

Somebody please buy our house soon so we can get there before winter sets in!!!!!

But do you really have cold weather or just cold for SA? I'm only asking as I'm sat here in the UK in the middle of summer sat in a fleece and watching the rain pour down outside!

I arrive in Adelaide September 7th and we're so excited about enjoying some warmer seasons!

HELLO YES IT DOES GET COLD NOT AS COLD AS UK BUT FETCH YOUR

WARM CLOTHES NOT BIG COATS BUT WARM JACKETS ALSO JUMPERS AND

ALL THOSE CLOTHES THAT ARE SOOO COMFY

THE HOUSES ARE LOVELY BUT DOUBLE GLASING IS NOT STANDARD .

WE ALSO HAVE HAD A WET WINTER SOME DAYS WE THOUGHT WE

WERE BACK IN YORKSHIRE.

ALSO THE NIGHTS ARE REALLY BLACK FROM 6PM TILL 7AM ITS NOW

PICKING UP READY FOR SPRING

GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR NEW LIFE DOWN UNDER:shocked:

Guest hulltigers
Well it certainly feels like it! But no...surely...it cant be spring yet???? It's the middle of winter!

hi there, we move to adelaide 27th sept as perm residents, im a bricky by trade. we been looking at happy valley area on realestate , looks nice, we staying with aunts/uncles hallet cove when we first get there, till we find a place, do like the look of happy valley tho, any info would be appreciated, phil deb charlie summer..