Adelaide United ?????

Guest Colin Taylor

Guest Colin Taylor

Hi there, fast approaching my first soccer season here in Adelaide. Used to go home and away to games back in Scotland so I will try out Adelaide to see what its all about. Some questions, is it no probs for most games to pay at the gate (dont want to buy a season ticket just now) and whats the best pre-match pubs to go to? Thanks.

As much as I like the footie, I cant ignore the fitba.

Guest kangomik

its good footy, not premiership stuff but good footy. The northern end, or north western is the noisey end, but don't worry there are never many away fans.

Buy the tickets on line and collect at the gate, watch the sun on the main stand it's right in your eyes sometimes.

Nice friendly aptmophere, with some bad reffing last year. IMO.

If your parking a car you will need to be early unless you want to pay 10 bux even 20 to park.

Went to every game last season and the only ones to sell out were the Asian Champions League knockout games, which sold out days before. I had to become a member to get tickets for those.

As has been mentioned, if you leave it late parking may not be easy. I always park round by the brewery and just walk across the bridge. Never been more than 10 mins walk away. Also queues at the ticket booths can get a bit long in the last half hour before kick off if its a bigger game, such as Melbourne.

There's a pub over the road, Joiners Arms I think. Never been in there but I know some people usually meet there. Personally I like The Guv just round in Port Road, less than 5 mins walk. They don't have programmes here but usually sell 4 4 2 magazine which will probably have a preview.

I think the tickets for main stand (with roof) are allocated seats, the rest (no roof) is general admission. Think it was about $21 for adults last season. On a sunny day the sun is right in your eyes if you sit on the side opposite the main stand. If you plan to sit there take a cap. Centre of the North End is the noisy bit for home fans and the away area is in the bottom corner at the south end. Never many away fans except for The Vics who aren't very popular round here.

Looking forward to the new season, especially as my local super league (semi pro) team, Para Hills, aren't going to make the playoffs this season.

It can be quite amusing hearing some locals brought up on AFL refer to bad UMPIRING and a pass into the FORWARD POCKET. One last season even told his son that the keeper catching a corner had 'JUST TAKEN A GOOD MARK'.