Guest MarkIngram

broadband and mobiles

Guest MarkIngram

Hi there

this is a question for all those who have settled in Adelaide already.

Who are the best for supplying broadband?

which is the best mobile phone company?

pay as you go Vs contract?????

thanks in advance

Mark

Hey,

Would reccomend Adam Internet...had no probs with them and had good customer service.

I also have a contract mobile on 3 which i am more than happy about.

Dan

Guest thebaddeleys

If you decide to look at 3 mobile or vodafone PM, me or my husband will do you a good deal!

Takecare,

Kerry x x x

Guest robertreynolds
    If you decide to look at 3 mobile or vodafone PM, me or my husband will do you a good deal!

Takecare,

Kerry x x x

3UK do free 3 to 3 calls regardless of the country, is that the same over here? Also do 3 over here do free skype access from your mobile like they do in the UK?

Guest motlyman

If you are going wireless be very careful as some areas are dead spots:mad:

After being convinced by the sales rep that it was ok it actually wasnt.

Eventualy after a lot of arguing with the company they cancelled the contract with no help what so ever from the sales rep.:realmad:

Obviously cant name the company but it was one of the big three;)

We eventually settled with Big Pond next G which works fine.

Colin

Guest guest569

We all use 3 mobile. can't fault their signal reception and believe me i get everywhere at work !!! For a $49 cap i get over $300 of calls and $110 can be international so i can phone mates and family for free without using up my land line bill.:notworthy:

Guest robertreynolds
    If you are going wireless be very careful as some areas are dead spots:mad:

After being convinced by the sales rep that it was ok it actually wasnt.

Eventualy after a lot of arguing with the company they cancelled the contract with no help what so ever from the sales rep.:realmad:

Obviously cant name the company but it was one of the big three;)

We eventually settled with Big Pond next G which works fine.

Colin

Ive heard from multiple sources that telstra offer the best wireless (mobile) broadband in regards to speed and coverage.

3UK do free 3 to 3 calls regardless of the country, is that the same over here? Also do 3 over here do free skype access from your mobile like they do in the UK?

Yes, I have a three $29 a month plan, and I get $150 worth of services (which includes about $100 of International calling), and a generous free 3 to 3 allowance. I haven't used skype, but pretty sure that is included too. Plans are at http://www.three.com.au/cs/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=Three%2FPage%2FBusinessVideoCallingTemplate&cid=1196812386412

Yes, I have a three $29 a month plan, and I get $150 worth of services (which includes about $100 of International calling), and a generous free 3 to 3 allowance. I haven't used skype, but pretty sure that is included too. Plans are at http://www.three.com.au/cs/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=Three%2FPage%2FBusinessVideoCallingTemplate&cid=1196812386412

Guest MarkIngram

thanks to everyone for your input...my only concern with 3 is their reputation in the UK is REALLY POOR...certainly everyone I know who has used them over here has ended up in running battles with them over poor quality reception and service....I must admit that I currently use Virgin Mobile on a pay as you go (don't use the mobile much over here) but thinking that probably would be better to get a contract phone when we get to Oz.....although I was wondering initially about bringing my phone and then just changing the sim card when we arrive...any thoughts on this?

Guest gypsy
    .although I was wondering initially about bringing my phone and then just changing the sim card when we arrive...any thoughts on this?

Hi Mark,

I brought my mobile phone and changed the sim card (optus) for just 4$ with prepaid cap of 30$, it is fine for me. But check whether you phone is locked with the network. If it is locked, you may need to unlock and bring the phone.:idea:

Guest thebaddeleys

Hi,

Yes 3 to 3 calls are free over here too and skype is free (ish), you have to put a $5 bolt on to get the free skype calls over here. Hope that helps.

Takecare,

Kerry.

Guest thebaddeleys
    thanks to everyone for your input...my only concern with 3 is their reputation in the UK is REALLY POOR...certainly everyone I know who has used them over here has ended up in running battles with them over poor quality reception and service....I must admit that I currently use Virgin Mobile on a pay as you go (don't use the mobile much over here) but thinking that probably would be better to get a contract phone when we get to Oz.....although I was wondering initially about bringing my phone and then just changing the sim card when we arrive...any thoughts on this?

Hi,

I just wanted to clarify something for you which is different over here to the UK.

3 mobile use telstra's network where the 3 network coverage is poor, it automatically switches to telstra, so in effect 3 have the same coverage as telstra, which is the best in Australia.

hope that helps.

Takecare,

Kerry

Three's reputation in the UK is deservedly poor in my opinion, but Three Australia has worked really well for me. I've never had any problems, even the call centre is prompt and I quite like talking to people in India!

Guest motlyman
    Hi,

I just wanted to clarify something for you which is different over here to the UK.

3 mobile use telstra's network where the 3 network coverage is poor, it automatically switches to telstra, so in effect 3 have the same coverage as telstra, which is the best in Australia.

hope that helps.

Takecare,

Kerry

Is this mobile phone, broadband or both?

Colin