Guest Daniel&Kelly

weight and medicals

Guest Daniel&Kelly

I'm really nervous about having the meds done i'm three stone over weight :err: and i'm really worried that they will fail me on it

does anyone have any advice on this or are you a little over weight but everything was fine?

thanks kelly xx

Guest familygood

Hi Kelly,

I had the same worries as you when I went for my medical. I had a BMI of over 35 and thought it might affect things. He didnt even mention my weight during the whole exam! I am very fit and healthy otherwise.

In the end I said I had been worried about it and he just said it would be better if I could lose some but that it was nothing to worry about. I hope that reassures you.

Good luck!!!

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi

I am only 5ft and a bit and am probably a couple of stone over the recommended weight for my height. I wanted to try and loose a stone before but didn't happen. As long as you fit and healthy otherwise I wouldn't worry as there is enough to think and worry about with emigrating without letting weight get in the way.

All the best with the Medicals. Michelle

Guest Trakki

As long as you are otherwise fit and healthy you will be fine. I went armed with my slimming world book so I could show that I was making an effort and she never mentioned my weight. Don't worry about it.

As long as you have nothing else that shows up on your meds that could be related to you being overweight you should be ok.....i was overweight when we had our meds done and we passed ours....after a lil mistake by the med centre....

Try not to worry as this could affect other stuff...i am sure you will be fine

If the place where you are having yours done is anything like where we had ours they will be really nice...

HG

Guest redfoxy

Dont worry I had the same concern and know of people more over weight than me who passed thier medical, and I am 2 ++ stone over weight. Also at my medical it was picked up that I had high blood pressure but I was prescribed tbalets for this at the same time and still passed my medical !!

Guest kangomik

tee hee, i weigh 135 kilo, 23 stone in old money i think. practise touching your toes and you should be fine. i know its only to check your spine but be ready for that one.

If you know your overweight, and lets face it most of us are, then try to get fitter, especially before you get here. The first 2 weeks will take a lot out of you.

Apart from that if everything else is ok then its no worries.

Guest Daniel&Kelly

Thanks michelle i'm only five ft too!! :) trying my best to loose weight after having my third children (9mths) already lost 2 stone just finding it really hard to loose the rest xx

thanks for replying made me feel a little better xx

Guest Daniel&Kelly

thanks everyone thats made me feel a little better, i'm trying my best :arghh:

Will practise the touching toes!!!! :biglaugh:

Guest The Dimmocks
    Thanks michelle i'm only five ft too!! :) trying my best to loose weight after having my third children (9mths) already lost 2 stone just finding it really hard to loose the rest xx

thanks for replying made me feel a little better xx

That good then 2 stone a lot of weight. If you got a 9 month old then they will see that and it takes time to loose baby weight. I had twins nearly 2 years ago and still trying to loose the weight!!!!! I only want to loose another stone and I am happy at that weight, if it don't look good on the charts at the docs then tough.

Sure once your new baby starts moving round more it will drop off.

Michelle

I am a bloody fat person (i like my food!!)!!..... but my BMI was only just over 35....they seem to care more about that then actual weight.

As long as there are no medical probs caused by weight/bmi i cant see a problem!!

Dan

Guest Nicky&Andy

i'm also 5ft2 and abit on the heavier side , weight wasnt really brought up at the meds , just a quick weigh in , try not to worry, its the more serious health problems their looking for.

good luck