Guest Jay89

Help - can I apply for jobs before I emigrate?

Guest Jay89

I've been looking at jobs in Adelaide to sort something out before I come over in September and a lot are saying I can't apply until I have an Australian address... Didn't know if this is the case and whether I should stop looking until I come over?

What you wanna do is email the companies direct and let them know your position.

Tell them when you will be here and when you will be available for interviews, i did this and had a fair few intervews lined up before we got here...let them know as much as you can about yourself as possible.

What do you do?

HG

Guest Kazzarazza
    I've been looking at jobs in Adelaide to sort something out before I come over in September and a lot are saying I can't apply until I have an Australian address... Didn't know if this is the case and whether I should stop looking until I come over?

Hi Jay.

I wouldn't let that stop you applying. The more people who see your cv, etc the better. You can never get too many contacts in my opinion. Just tell them to reply to you by email as you're in the process of moving. It only takes one to offer you an interview or a job. Telephone interviews are quite common over here too as a lot of people apply for interstate jobs, so maybe a mobile number would be useful.

Cheers, Kazza

Guest UzinOz

Definately, my OH contacted a few companies for general info, like rough idea of wages, would it be easy to get a job etc and one of them offered him a job and also offered to sponsor him meaning we got PR, so it's defo worth a try!! :jiggy:

Good Luck

Jackie

Guest Raj

well it all depends on what do u want to do and how experienced you are.....if you have good experience in your field than wouldn't be a problem even after you arrived here may be in one month you will get a good job.......(not like me as i have studied in Australian environment but still no job!!!!!!!!! trying hard from last one year.....always get the same answer from all company that the position has been filled up by more experienced person.....no one wants fresh graduate.....any way good luck.....)

Guest soggy

Hi,

make sure you make it clear that you already have a visa and will be here soon at the start of the letter you send, companies here get lots of applications from people without a visa.:)

Simon

Guest kangomik

email them with your flight number and arrival date...... trust me... they then know your comming, and you may just get a response.

if not it's wait and see till ypou arrive

Guest cornish Busdriver

It is possible to sort out employment before you come over, the missus and me both managed it very easily.

Made lots of late night phone call, sent e-mails and arranged interviews for when we were here on our reccie.

Make sure you let them know what type of visa you have, what date you will be arriving on and what date you plan to be able to start work.

Hope this helps

I planned all my interviews before i arrived via email and phone....

I went through search engines looking for companies that were doing my trade and fired off my resume to all of them....i was surprised how many actually replied!!

I still work for one them now...

Dan

You are sometimes better off waiting to apply until you have an arrival date, which seems to make more difference than an address.