Guest parko

National insurance Contributions

Guest parko

Can any one please advise what happens to your National insurance contributions and any private pensions ,as not had chance to speak to our financial adviser yet.

cheers

Parko :unsure:

Guest harper210267

Thanks for asking that one.

I know you can get a financial advisor and companies that will transfer cash and pensions, obviously this comes with a charge. However I am unsure about NI contributions.

Hi

With regards to private Pensions, yes you can transfer these but you should seek professional advice as this is a very complex area. I will be happy to assist you with this when you arrive if you wish. It would be advisable to take advice from an Adviser that is familiar with Pensions/Superannuation in both the UK and Oz.

With regards to your entitlement to State Pension, then you will be eligible to claim this based on NI contributions when you reach UK state Pension age. Once in receipt of this in Australia it will not increase with the cost of living like it would if you were in the UK but remain at that same level.

Regards

Andy

Guest kangomik

is there a web site where you can work your NI contributions and state pension out?

Guest nurse sue

Hi, ive jsut done all this with ni contributions etc - go tothe link andrew has put up; if you are in the uk you can apply for a pensions forecast -either a paper version or an online one. you register on the site and they send you an activation code in the post - you then log in, activate it and submit some basic info and it gives you how much contributions you have made towards claiming your pension/benefits. im 42, but have made 26/30 required years contributions - it shows how many years home responsibilities protection contributed to this too (when i was on maternity leave/claiming carers benefit)

If you are in aus now, im not sure if you can access the online thing, but it does give you options if you are overseas.

sue

this is the link for if you are overseas;

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/osc.htm

this is the link if you are still in uk;

http://www.thepensionservice.gov.uk/state-pension/forecast/home.asp

Thanks for this ihelpful nfo - i will get onto this straight away.

Also - do you need to tell the contribitions agency that you are leaving the country and that you will no longer be paying national insurance?

Thanks

Mel