Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Aston Family

Brickies...Advice Appreciated

Guest The Aston Family

Hi all

I'm a brickie with 18 years experience on the trowel & have passed my practical skills assessment for migration. Me my wife and baby daughter hope to be coming to Adelaide via the state sponsorship route.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for contacts in the trade. This would probably help with the sponsorship application & hopefully improve my chances of getting a start when i get out there.

Thanks

Guest PompeyPom

cant help you at the mo as in the same boat just wanted to say good luck.We fly out on october 16 if i find work and they need more trowels will post on this site the info.

Be lucky all the best scott n gang

PLAY UP POMPEY

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi all you Brickies , Well been here 4 weeks looking at the job market like you do , seen brickies and stone mason req . Looked to buy a land house package , told 12- 14 months , so if work is slack in the building trade why so long to wait ? Try www.careerone.com.au or www.seek.com.au iam sorry it's all about networking . As for the skate from pompey there is no jobs at all ,( as we use to live in soton ) take note i did not say i was a saints fan ok ok ! .

Guest PompeyPom

Nobody would admit to being one at the mo so dont know whether i will believe you or not.Cheers for the advice though.

Guest hulltigers
    cant help you at the mo as in the same boat just wanted to say good luck.We fly out on october 16 if i find work and they need more trowels will post on this site the info.

Be lucky all the best scott n gang

PLAY UP POMPEY

i get there 2 weeks before you scott so if they need more trowels where i am i will give you a bell lol, will have that pint first tho eh mate, up the tigers grrr

Guest PompeyPom

sounds good mate cant wait to get over to oz but starting to get a bit twitchy lol.Just hope we can all find work on not bad rates asap....Hope Hull are doing better than us preseason we look the dark side of s..t at the mo.

seeya.PLAY UP POMPEY

Guest The Aston Family

Thanks to all of you for the replies, good luck to you all when you get out there. I hope to keep in touch with you when your in Adelaide and maybe you can tell me how you get on & how much work ther is.

Cheers

Steven

Guest PompeyPom

No probs steve will help as much as poss.

Be lucky regards scott