Rich & Chit

Blackwood

Does anybody know what the Blackwood area is like? and has anybody got kids in Blackwood High school. This suburb is not mentioned in the 2007 "where to live guide" Adelaide so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Guest the4hopes

Blackwood is lovely, its a small town which is unusual here as the areas are mostly houses with a few shops around. Its on top of a hill, with lovely views going back down to the sea. Its quite green (at the moment) Loads of shops there,fruit,bakers,diy, banks, library,cafes. Free parking everywhere, even though its small you can park at Coles, the move the car to shop at Woolworths!

Blackwood school is nice, my daughters go there. They have been there since january, they have fitted in well and have some good friends.

Laura

It is a great place for a family, good community feeling, usual offerings of sports, scouts, guides etc, but is close enough to town or Marion for your older kids to go to the shopping mall, beach or cinemas. Blackwood High offers wide choices and offers IB.

That "Where to Live" guide is pretty hopeless - doesn't have half the suburbs in it, and those that are are out of date!

Guest JulieG

Hi

We live in the Blackwood area and love it. Both my boys go to Blackwood Primary and High School. Great little place, lots of shops, cafes, banks etc. We.re very happy with the schools.

Does anybody know what the Blackwood area is like? and has anybody got kids in Blackwood High school. This suburb is not mentioned in the 2007 "where to live guide" Adelaide so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Guest dunnarunna

as the others said blackwood is a nice place, we live in area and although i am leaving it to move to happy valley on friday, my kids will be staying at blackwood high as its a good school and they have both settled there.

donna

Guest the4hopes
    as the others said blackwood is a nice place, we live in area and although i am leaving it to move to happy valley on friday, my kids will be staying at blackwood high as its a good school and they have both settled there.

donna

And will you still be visiting the Goodwill daily?! X

Guest cornish Busdriver

Gday. I drive a bus all over blackwood area. Its a realy nice area with good links to the city. The school kids all behave on the bus but traffic can be a pig and i think its a bit over priced. Over all if you like nature you would love there. Bewarned there are train sub busses running for bout another 4 weeks until they finish the new line. Hope this helps.

Thanks for all your replies, most appreciated.:wubclub: