Sign in to follow this  
Guest ben&sharon

Any plumbers out there?

Guest ben&sharon

Hi,

Are there any plumbers on this forum? We've recently arrived in Adelaide and I could do with any help or information I can get in order to get a foot in. I was a self-employed plumber for three years back in the UK and I'm aware that I'll have to re-train in order to get my Aussie license, but does anyone know of any jobs that might be going? Either helping out another plumber or for a bigger firm?

Thanks in advance,

Ben.

Guest Kazzarazza

Hi Ben,

Get in touch with www.tapssa.com.au They are a training organisation and I know they have lots of contact with plumbers from there trainee placement programme. They would also be able to point you in the right direction regarding licences if you wish to become self-employed. They helped a young guy I know who didn't have the right visa to continue his apprenticeship straight away, but they were very pro-active finding plumbers labouring jobs so he could stay in the trade.

A foot in a door is all you need to get started and any income is better than nothing. Then you can move on to bigger and better things.

Very best of luck, Kazza