Sign in to follow this  
Guest covfan71

If you could pick a career?????

Guest covfan71

Hi all,

i will be coming to Adelaide next summer after 23 years in the Royal Navy working in Admin. Now although my sponsorship is as an office manager i do have the opportunity of 7 weeks resettlement time in order to do whatever course i choose.

What i was wondering was, since you have been in Adelaide and had dealings with the employment side of things first hand, if you could start again and pick a career that would suit in Oz, what would it be???

Guest Bodie

Hello Mark,

I know of a guy in a similar position as yours after 20yrs in the Royal Australian Navy, carved out a career as a school business manager. Perhaps some finance based training to compliment your admin skill set? I'm a teacher and have found things to be okay (Stands by for incoming!)

Bodie

Guest covfan71
    Hello Mark,

I know of a guy in a similar position as yours after 20yrs in the Royal Australian Navy, carved out a career as a school business manager. Perhaps some finance based training to compliment your admin skill set? I'm a teacher and have found things to be okay (Stands by for incoming!)

Bodie

thanks for the reply. My only problem is not having all the resettlement brochures / info that he would have received. All my info is obviously for UK