Guest The Dimmocks

Ovranette Pill???

Guest The Dimmocks

I know questions been asked about the pill before, but just wanted to know if anyone knew if Ovranette is available in Australia. I currently take it and would like to continue when we eventually move over. If it not available then what other names of pills do people know of that are also available in UK so I can change before we get there and get used to it. Not sure of any side of affects of the Pill but know some don't always agree with others.

Thanks Michelle

Guest The Hadleys
    I know questions been asked about the pill before, but just wanted to know if anyone knew if Ovranette is available in Australia. I currently take it and would like to continue when we eventually move over. If it not available then what other names of pills do people know of that are also available in UK so I can change before we get there and get used to it. Not sure of any side of affects of the Pill but know some don't always agree with others.

Thanks Michelle

Hi The Dimmock

Don't know anything about the pill, but just wanted to say congratulations on getting your visa

Dawn

Guest The Dimmocks

Thank you. Might just do a search on the net and see if can find any alternatives that are used here and in Australia.

Guest Aussie pat

I was a sexual health nurse in the UK until the end of last year and now work in the same field in SA. Ovranette's equivalent is called Levelin in SA. The formulation of 30mcg Eestrogen (EE) and 150mcg Levonorgestrel is the same. If you check the box you've got this should reassure you.

PS Unlike in the UK women pay for contraception over here. We charge $5.50 for a month's supply. Hope this helps

This is something I will need to sort out too. Not looking forward to changing it all over. But needs must.

I might try and sneek in an early repeat perscription before we go to last me until I can get it all sorted out.

I have no idea what different levels of hormones are in mine... will have to some research also

Guest The Dimmocks
    I was a sexual health nurse in the UK until the end of last year and now work in the same field in SA. Ovranette's equivalent is called Levelin in SA. The formulation of 30mcg Eestrogen (EE) and 150mcg Levonorgestrel is the same. If you check the box you've got this should reassure you.

PS Unlike in the UK women pay for contraception over here. We charge $5.50 for a month's supply. Hope this helps

Thanks very much for that, just checked box and it is the same formulation. Will write that on a box and make sure I bring it with me whenever we move over. I know got to pay for it :-(( Got to be done though as at the moment I quite happy with the three kids I got.

Thanks again. Michelle x