Phoning a UK Building Society

Guest Murphysegg

Guest Murphysegg

Anybody any idea how i can call the 'Abbey' from Oz ?

0800, 0845, 1908 numbers are not available from a Vodaphone mobile.

It seems the only way to discuss a remortgage is via an 0800 number.

Guest kangomik

get a rellie to drop into a bank, or search your records or yell.com for a local branch number....... skype worked well for us due to the length of time these calls can take....... but you really do have to treat them like 3 year old kids and explain there will be a time delay.

If you have a land line this should not be a problem.

Guest Woody and Jane
try www.saynoto0870.com there should be a local number you can try from there.

Lea

I can vouch for saynoto0870, it's such a useful site. Simply type in your 0800/0845/0870 phone number and it gives you the real phone number so you can call for a lot less money.

We're still in the UK gearing up for the big move and don't have a landline and calling these 08xx numbers can cost quite a lot from a mobile.

Woody & Jane.

Guest ReadyPenny

My 10 min call to Halifax on 0845 number cost me $25, be careful!!! However my statement gives a number to call if outside UK, which is a normal landline

Hope this helps

Mandy

Guest Murphysegg

Sayno just seems to bring up other 08 numbers, but if this is only an issue with calling from a mobile, then i'll try from a landline.

Cheers anyway chaps