Car Hire

Guest MarkIngram

Guest MarkIngram

Does anyone know of any good car rental places in Adelaide? I've heard that it is best to arrange car rental once you've arrived in Adelaide. I wanted to see if that is true. What are other peoples experiences?

we've got 2 girls (lexie who is 5 and Poppy who will be 8months old when we arrive - 29th Oct 2009).

on a side note: car seats....I've read somewhere that car seats made outside Oz are illegal to use? I've tried emailing the authorities to check this as we've not long bought new seats and could do without the expense of buying yet more new seats...anyone with any thoughts or knowledge on this? (is there a police officer on here?)

Mark

Hi

I also asked this question about car seats and no you are not allowed to use them! bummer I know.

http://www.racv.com.au/wps/wcm/conne...ld+restraints/

We have been told buy Tyke who we are renting off to use

http://www.aussiecarrentals.com.au/index.php?pg=topmenu&id=3

for the car rental he said " For car hire I always recommend Aussie Car Rentals,they have looked after many of our guests and are very helpful.They can probably meet you at the airport with your car."

We have not booked ours yet but it is on the list.

How is everything else going? Have you booked your removals yet? We are not there yet just getting a couple more quotes but so far the have been reasonablly priced.

Guest MarkIngram

that is a right pain.....

we've got our furniture etc being shipped over by Crown....a little tip for you....we got 2 months free storage because they really wanted the business. We had been offered this by someone else and the price was also better with someone else...but Crown were much more professional in their approach...so we said we really wanted to use them but their price and storage costs were a tad high...mentioned the other companies offer and they beat it....bonus.

flights are booked (27th Oct)...not got anywhere to live yet...applied for OAA...looking at backup rentals just now. No jobs lined up....but hey...it'll all come together.

Are you from Exeter then? I ask as I was born and raised in North Devon and know Exeter quite well.

Mark

It's is even more of a pain as my son's car seat broke a couple of weeks ago so had to buy a new one! Got the cheapest we could find and going to get MIL to sell it after we have gone!

We won't actually need any storage so not sure if we will be able to get any discounts. Crowns were really slow at returning calls etc even when I called them so have not even got them to quote.

We fly on the 10th and we can't qualify for OAA. Heard good and bad things but personally I am glad we have booked what we know.

We are just living in Exeter for the time being, we are orginally from North Yorkshire. Only been here just over 6 months. Nice part of the country though.

My husband is going to look for work a few weeks before we arrive but he is no hurry really good do with a bit of a holiday even though finding some where to live and buying a car is going to be some of the first things we need to do.

Also give my friend Johnny an email at Ace Car Hire. He's always worked out good deals for my guests in the past. Tell him that Judi passed on his details and he'll do the same rate for you guys too.

He can also pick you up from the airport :D

acecars@senet.com.au

Guest The Pickles

Email Johnny at Ace Cars, we hired our car from the UK (on recommendation) and his rates are brilliant. and much better than the large companies He'll meet you at the airport too and he supplied a car booster seat for our 4 year old free of charge. Mention my name when you contact him and he'll also give you a good rate.

acecars@senet.com.au

Marilyn

Does anyone know of any good car rental places in Adelaide? I've heard that it is best to arrange car rental once you've arrived in Adelaide. I wanted to see if that is true. What are other peoples experiences?

we've got 2 girls (lexie who is 5 and Poppy who will be 8months old when we arrive - 29th Oct 2009).

on a side note: car seats....I've read somewhere that car seats made outside Oz are illegal to use? I've tried emailing the authorities to check this as we've not long bought new seats and could do without the expense of buying yet more new seats...anyone with any thoughts or knowledge on this? (is there a police officer on here?)

Mark

Aussie Car Rentals everytime for us - he's helped out loads of people we know, is a really genuine guy, great prices, so helpful, and is happy to provide car seats in his hire cars.

http://www.aussiecargroup.com.au/index.php?pg=topmenu&id=3

As for the car seat in the UK, why not leave it with parents or in laws just in case you ever go back for a visit and they pick you up from the airport or somewhere? shouldn't take too much space in someone's loft...

Diane