Guest jimdundee

Where To Live

Guest jimdundee

Hi Guys

We will be arriving in Adelaide on Oct 5th, looking at places to rent we are looking at the following area`s, Morphettville, Ascot Park and Oaklands Park. On the map its the shape of a triangle. Does anyone have any experience from these areas? Or area`s within this vacinity? We are looking to live south of the city but not to far if you get me?

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Jas & Caz

I live in Oaklands Park.....and have been in Morphettville and Ascot Park at friends house, all the areas are pretty good i think and close to the city and beaches.

Morphetville has the horse track there so can get busy when there is race meets, and the occasional smell of horse do-do!! They also have the City-Glenelg tram which is handy.

Oaklands Park and Ascot Park are almost next to each other and are good location for the Westfield Shopping and cinemas. Both are on the Noarlunga train line goin from the city - Noarlunga (which one day will be extended to seaford)

All the locations are in the middle of the city and Glenelg.....a reason for us.

We love living in Oaklands Park....and would gladly buy a house here!!

Dan

Guest jimdundee

Hi Dan

Thanks for replying with great info which i was hoping for. Those area`s mentioned are what we are looking for. Just the 9 weeks wait until we can get there.

Yet again thanks for the info.

Jas & Caz

Guest C&MKing

We ve been here since May, living in Glenelg and absolutely love it there - we can walk to all the bars and restaurants and it takes 30 mins to get into the City on the tram. You also have the added bonus of a really lovely beach that you can walk along for miles.

We have got by without a car quite easily so far as we dont really need to venture out of Glenelg, so you may pay a little more in rent (our friends are paying between $250-$400 per wk) but you save on having to buy a car (in my opinion anyway!).

Good luck!