sueoc

Moving from Rental,transport.

Hi,

We are soon moving from our Rental,has anyone done the do-it-yourself large van bit?Can you drive a decent sized van on a car licence?Any advice or recommendations please.Thankee.

We did it when we changed rentals. We hired from Avis(i think) on Anzac Highway. You can drive the 7.5t one(i think thats the size) on your car licence. If you give them a call, they will tell you what you can drive on normal licence, although after doing it once, i will be getting the professional(?????) in to do our move when house is finished being built.

Guest nikki & john

Hi, we used Budget who are on the corner of Marion Road and Richmond Road, took a few trips but we were only moving about 7kms so although it took most of the day it was definately a saving on using professionals, but we also had my parents here helping so that was a bonus, would probably have taken two days if there was just the two of us!!!!

We used Budget when we moved last year. Can hire a box van (just make sure it has a hydraulic tail gate for ease!) on a car licence. We got some mates to give us a hand and provided the beer and the barbie after we'd finished. :)

Lea

Guest kangomik

A big trailer is about 100 bucks for 24 hours if that helps. If you have a tow bar of course.

Good luck with the move, its a killer!