Guest dglamoore

We have PR!!!!!

Guest dglamoore

I have not been on here for a loooooooong time so not sure how many of you on here will know me but thought I would put a quick update on for anyone on an SIR 495/475

We arrived in April 2007 on an SIR 495 visa. Life on the whole has been great since arriving although definitely not without it's ups and downs. We have met some great people along the way :notworthy: We have both set up companies over here, which looking back may not have been the smartest move financially, but now seems to be paying off at last as we have a great work/life balance :)

After completing our two years (after a slight delay due to moving) we submitted our online application for the 887 visa on June 9th. Today, 7 weeks to the day we have been granted permanent residence status!!!!!!!!

We never thought the application would go so fast, even more so as we are both self employed so proving the working hours proved tricky!

For anyone on a temp visa worrying about applying for PR - it is not as bad as you probably think it is going to be :wacko:

For anyone else waiting for a visa to come over here - it is definitely worth it!!! Our only tip is come over with an open mind and do not expect life to be a bed of roses from day one but it is worth it in the end.

Lisa:wubclub:

Thats great news Lisa, congrats, and quick too!

Glad your businesses are working out well.

we are on countdown to applying (6 weeks) - hope ours is as fast!

Congratulations, and wishing you both the very best as your businesses grow. You have certainly helped us we can't thank you enough, such a beautiful person. Thanks Lisa for all you've done and all you are ging to do in the future.

Elaine

Guest weesp

Just a quickie, how much is it to apply for the permanent? We can apply in a year.

Lynn

Guest Tina P

Congratulations to you all.

Hope ours is as quick applied 4 weeks ago.

The price is $230.

Tina

Guest kangomik

Hey Lisa thats excellent news.

Well done on everything acheived so far!

Guest lastboyscout

Well done Lisa :notworthy:

I`ll PM ya soon as I might be needing your web design skills ;)

I have not been on here for a loooooooong time so not sure how many of you on here will know me but thought I would put a quick update on for anyone on an SIR 495/475

We arrived in April 2007 on an SIR 495 visa. Life on the whole has been great since arriving although definitely not without it's ups and downs. We have met some great people along the way :notworthy: We have both set up companies over here, which looking back may not have been the smartest move financially, but now seems to be paying off at last as we have a great work/life balance :)

After completing our two years (after a slight delay due to moving) we submitted our online application for the 887 visa on June 9th. Today, 7 weeks to the day we have been granted permanent residence status!!!!!!!!

We never thought the application would go so fast, even more so as we are both self employed so proving the working hours proved tricky!

For anyone on a temp visa worrying about applying for PR - it is not as bad as you probably think it is going to be :wacko:

For anyone else waiting for a visa to come over here - it is definitely worth it!!! Our only tip is come over with an open mind and do not expect life to be a bed of roses from day one but it is worth it in the end.

Lisa:wubclub:

congratulations on getting PR. It still feels like a few weeks ago when we joined and started on the forum and reading that you was just starting the trip out here. Glad things have gone so well for you all.

Hey Lisa,

long time no hear!

Many congratulations to you. You must be thrilled!

Let the celebrating begin and another chapter to your new life x

Congratulations Lisa, Greg and Dawn - who were you again??? :P

Not long til we can apply too....

Lea