Guest yisawoo

meet and greet

Guest yisawoo

Can I ask what this meet and greet service is please,keep hearing folks talk about it?

Guest soggy
    Can I ask what this meet and greet service is please,keep hearing folks talk about it?

Hi its a service arranged by SA goverment, someone will meet you at the airport and take you to your accomadation, if you look at http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au choose skilled visa from the left hand menu then services it will give you all the details about this and other services like on arrival accomadation.

Hope this helps.:)

Simon

What's nice about it is that the Meeters and Greeters are usually expats...so can understand what you're going through and how overwhelming/exciting arriving in a new country can be.

Dette

Guest dglamoore

Very handy when you first arrive - point you in the right direction for paperwork etc and take you to local shop for 'first shop' for essentials :D You also get a free UBD which is essential for getting around!!!!

Lisa:cool:

Guest Roo1

I guess it depends on who you talk to. A new friend of mine went through meet and greet and the people who looked after them were an old couple who helped them out no end. A really pleasent expereince.

However, another friend only lasted a week in the meet and greet accomodation and was glad to get out!

From what I've heard it can be pot luck.

Judi x

Guest chippie74

we should find out in the next week or so if was have got it!!!! we land in adelaide 2nd september...cnt wait

Guest dglamoore

There are 2 different services you can request - meet and greet where you get picked up from airport etc is free.

You can also request On Arrival Accomodation (OAA) which is basic housing for up to 12 weeks you can apply for which you would pay on average $160 a week for.

Lisa:cool: