Riponian

Kids Waterproofs

This is probably a bit of a starnge question but my kids need a waterproof jacket and I was wondering what the selection is like over there?

Most things people have said just buy everything before and bring it with you would this be the same for this kind of item?

Thanks

Michelle

Hi I would definately bring them with you . They do have the Pumpkin Patch here which sells some gorgeous stuff (depends on the age of your child) but I shudder when I look at the prices of the stuff in UK pounds, all are tagged up in UK pounds, NZ dollar and Aussie dollar, theres just no comparison, the clothes are so cheap in the UK (strange as its a kiwi company). You can get waterproofs in Big W, Target etc but most stuff seems to run of the mill schoolwear - black, blue green etc - nothing exciting. Myer and David Jones sell nice stuff too but it is very expensive - unless you drop on a sale! I certainly wish that I'd brought more for my kids and definately bring them winter coats - buy in advance and ship them!

Guest BeatleJuice
    This is probably a bit of a starnge question but my kids need a waterproof jacket and I was wondering what the selection is like over there?

Most things people have said just buy everything before and bring it with you would this be the same for this kind of item?

Thanks

Michelle

G`day this might be a bit expencive but well worth it when you get here buy them a water proof coat called a "dry as a bone" it`ll last for ages. im in the UK atm moment and clothes are quite cheap here. but me personaly i like quality.;)

G`day this might be a bit expencive but well worth it when you get here buy them a water proof coat called a "dry as a bone" it`ll last for ages. im in the UK atm moment and clothes are quite cheap here. but me personaly i like quality.;)

Thanks will just have to see if we can find what we like if not will try and find something over there. I have bought a few clothes and stuff but thought there might be some good quality stuff in Oz but like you say might be expensive.

But coats are a big purchase so don't mind spending a bit.

Thanks

Michelle