Moana and Seaford ?

Guest Kerry&Paul

Guest Kerry&Paul

Hi we have 2 boys aged 5 and nearly 1 and since my research began on Adelaide I have really taken to the Moana, Seaford, Port Noarlunga areas. Can anyone give me any info as to whether these are good areas, if they have good schools, housing etc. I've looked at Moana Primary's website and it all looks lovely but I suppose you just don't know until you speak to someone who does.

Thanks.

Hi we have 2 boys aged 5 and nearly 1 and since my research began on Adelaide I have really taken to the Moana, Seaford, Port Noarlunga areas. Can anyone give me any info as to whether these are good areas, if they have good schools, housing etc. I've looked at Moana Primary's website and it all looks lovely but I suppose you just don't know until you speak to someone who does.

Thanks.

Were in Seaford, kids goto Moana Primary they love it, close to beaches, close to shops what more could you want;)

then were building down at Aldinga not sure if the kids will forgive us....:huh:

Seaford, Noarlunga South and Moana all good IMO....:)

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi Kerry, We have been here in Seaford only 5 weeks , Our 8 year old goes to All Saints Catholic School , (We are not religous) . unlike the uk there is no ofsted report, they have an annual report. My mrs looked at Moana even had a drive by a couple of times , and have heard good things and bad, like most schools i suppose! .Now All Saints is a private school , BUT it is not like uk schools £££££££££ here for a year it is £900. Near to All saints is 2 day care centre's ABC and Seaford learning centre ? i think . The abc you pay for the whole day 6-30am 6.30pm ,obviously you can choose the times and day or days subject to availability . You will be able to claim money back for nursey fees from family assistance (centerlink) you must have tax file number. As for where to live , rent first , it is a British thing we must buy ! oh you can claim rent rebate as well , not sure if you would get help with a morgage?. obviously depends on your earnings. Good luck Paul .

Hi Kerry, We have been here in Seaford only 5 weeks , Our 8 year old goes to All Saints Catholic School , (We are not religous) . unlike the uk there is no ofsted report, they have an annual report. My mrs looked at Moana even had a drive by a couple of times , and have heard good things and bad, like most schools i suppose! .Now All Saints is a private school , BUT it is not like uk schools £££££££££ here for a year it is £900. Near to All saints is 2 day care centre's ABC and Seaford learning centre ? i think . The abc you pay for the whole day 6-30am 6.30pm ,obviously you can choose the times and day or days subject to availability . You will be able to claim money back for nursey fees from family assistance (centerlink) you must have tax file number. As for where to live , rent first , it is a British thing we must buy ! oh you can claim rent rebate as well , not sure if you would get help with a morgage?. obviously depends on your earnings. Good luck Paul .

As far as i know you don't get any help with a mortgage, you get rent assistance, and family allowance provided you have PR...

No doubt other guys will clarify this...

HG

Guest guest569

I have 1 child in All saints and 1 child in Moana primary. My wife also teaches at seaford K-7. All the areas you are looking at are ok in my opinion but if i had a choice i would go for port noarlunga or port noarlunga south.;)

Guest Sharon and Paul
As far as i know you don't get any help with a mortgage, you get rent assistance, and family allowance provided you have PR...

No doubt other guys will clarify this...

HG

Another good reason to rent first? ;) untill happy in your work.

Guest Kerry&Paul

Wow many, many thanks to all who have replied. It is just nice to be able to hear firsthand from people who actually live there. I have looked at those schools mentioned last night and I was wondering why the All Saints school had a yearly amount but now I realise that it is private it makes sense, (although like you say paul unlike UK private schools, which are expensive!!). Thanks again and I will be mithering for more info in the near future I'm sure. Kerry .

• 3 weeks later...
Guest squeaky

We've been in McLaren Vale for a whoel 2 weeks now and love it. It has a nice country village feel and everyone chatty. All amenities very local and schools seem ok too

Good luck