Guest bugbabe

Excited!

Guest bugbabe

Hi,

I'm Claire, a secondary school teacher, married to Jamie, a design engineer, two kids Amelia 12 and Alex 8.

After 5 long years of gentle persuasion, OH is now ready to make the move! Yahooo!

Adelaide looks perfect for us, just about to get OH's skills assessed, then applying for SS then once that is received we will be applying for PR. (Am i correct in thinking that going down the 176 route we can only apply for PR once we have been granted SS?)

Thanks xx:wubclub:

Guest bugbabe

No, unfortunately he's not that glamorous! ;)

He is in the air conditioning/heating sector.

Guest wifey
    Hi,

I'm Claire, a secondary school teacher, married to Jamie, a design engineer, two kids Amelia 12 and Alex 8.

After 5 long years of gentle persuasion, OH is now ready to make the move! Yahooo!

Adelaide looks perfect for us, just about to get OH's skills assessed, then applying for SS then once that is received we will be applying for PR. (Am i correct in thinking that going down the 176 route we can only apply for PR once we have been granted SS?)

Thanks xx:wubclub:

Hi Claire, im Nadia married to Graham, and have 4 kids 17,14,11,5.......married to a aussie and will be soon settling in Mount Barker....My daughter is eager to chat to someone thats moving to so maybe the girls could have a itte chat on here too sometime............hope all goes well:jiggy:

Guest bugbabe

Hi Nadia,

I have had a look and seen your daughters message in the 'kids' section. I have shown it to Amelia and she's going to get in touch :) It will be good for them both!

How are your kids coping with the idea of moving? Amelia is really positive, but Alex not so; he will miss his cousins!

When do you go? I can't wait to get out there and experience everything Ozzy!

Guest wifey

Thanks Claire, it will be good for them both to chat i think!!!

so have you any ideas where you may go yet? and have you been to Adelaide before?

Guest bugbabe

Hi,

never been to Australia before! We were going to go on a reckie but decided we would rather use the money on a fab rental for a year. If we dont like it we will come back...don't think thats gonna happen though ;)

I quite like the Aberfoyle area - OH has a mate out there who lives in the CBD but says Aberfoyle Park is lovely, we had a look on the net and it looks fab. Where abouts in Mount Barker? Is that where your OH originates from? x

Guest BeatleJuice
    No, unfortunately he's not that glamorous! ;)

He is in the air conditioning/heating sector.

woohoo aircons...........im a fly-in fly-out construction worker, 4wks on 1wk off. aircon people get paid mega $$$$$$$ up in Karratha western australia, they are a godsend. not a good place to live but if you can handle him being away from home for a while. might be worth looking into, after you all settle in. i can make a few enquirys if you like?

regards, Graham.

Guest wifey
    Hi,

never been to Australia before! We were going to go on a reckie but decided we would rather use the money on a fab rental for a year. If we dont like it we will come back...don't think thats gonna happen though ;)

I quite like the Aberfoyle area - OH has a mate out there who lives in the CBD but says Aberfoyle Park is lovely, we had a look on the net and it looks fab. Where abouts in Mount Barker? Is that where your OH originates from? x

i went to Adelaide in April and i Loved it it was beautiful, friendly, clean (not much litter), just somwhere that i knew i could and the kids could feel at home!!! Mount Barker is in the Adelaide Hills, it has it own shopping centre little town which catereted for all shopping needs....its only a 20 minute drive to the city, and the beach!! so it sort of central to everything we need!!!

My OH is from Adelaide, Port Adelaide!!!

Ive said the same we will rent for 1st 2yrs and ive told kids if we dnt like it or they are finding it hard to settle we will move bk....if not after 2yrs i will buy somewhere!:daydreaming:but i somehow think that they are going to love it there after they have settled it!!! im going to logoff Emmie standing over me egaer to get on here!!!:v_SPIN: