Hello from oz

Guest cazandbrad

Guest cazandbrad

Hello! Sorry havnt been on this for ages but weve been pretty busy with paperwork etc for the move, so anyway 2 months ago we asked the kids what they thought of moving and they said yes! Oh and i decided it was unfair to not show them oz first so booked tickets to oz!

Were stayin in seaford rise have fallen in love with grand boulevard and have seen a few plots there for sale but need to investigate everywhere, is pretty cool here as in weather were the only ones on the beach yesterday! Any places or things you should recommend we do? We only have 2 and a bit weeks left

Thankyou

Caz x

Hello, Got to go and hug a koala at Cleland Wildlife Park, see the dolphins on a cruse, take a trip to victor harbour, visit the zoo, visit Hahndorf, drive on the beech at Aldinga (just becouse you can), and so much more. Aw i want to go back.:daydreaming:

Guest cazandbrad

Yeah thanks for the suggestions we want to save zoos and trips until were over there living, what shall we do to give us and the kids an idea of life in oz?

Guest the4hopes

Gorge wildlife park is great too, and a beautiful drive there. Also go up to the north of the city by the river and have a go on the paddle boats, if you walk its just behind the railway station.

Unless you are loaded day to day life in adelaide will be like day to day life here which is working and school 5 days a week. The diference is after work its not raining and you can go to the beech, go walking, have a BBQ, visit places. If you want to get a feel you could visit some houses to see what you can afford and look at all of the areas to get a feel for where you want to move to.

Guest Brummie

You haven't said if you have a hire car but if you dont, buy a day ticket for the public transport and just spend the day going anywhere you want to go. The ticket will get you on trains, trams and buses.. Come into the city and then travel out to Tea Tree Plaza on the Obahn bus route, that is something special for the kids, (bus goes along a cement track a bit like a train). Or go on the tram to Glenelg, or do both, just travel around and see as much as possible. Go into the ticket office on King William St or ring before you buy your ticket because I think kids can travel free with adults on a day ticket, (I think).

Hello, Got to go and hug a koala at Cleland Wildlife Park, see the dolphins on a cruse, take a trip to victor harbour, visit the zoo, visit Hahndorf, drive on the beech at Aldinga (just becouse you can), and so much more. Aw i want to go back.:daydreaming:

I agree...take them up to Cleland....dont save it till you are here living....you can always go again!

Definitely do some sightseeing......i agree with those things mentioned above....wouldnt worry too much about the zoo though....but definitely something like Cleland...

Guest rachinadelaide

The southern right whales (15 metres long!) are at Victor Harbor at the moment. There have been several babies born - that's what the whales go there for - to give birth.

It's about 1.5 hours drive from the city and it's a nice drive.

Victor is a lovely place to visit without whales so it's fabulous when they are there.

We went at the weekend and saw some amazing tail slapping - each slap boomed! There was also a whale about 25 metres from land just chilling out in the surf for ages.

If you go to see the whales, the best place to head for is Bashams Beach just along the coast from Victor.

Victor also has penguins, horse drawn trams and an island you can walk to (and around). If you are feeling energetic, hire bikes and cycle to Bashams Beach!

Guest rachinadelaide

Forgot to say - an amazing thing to do is to go kayaking with the Port River Dolphins. You can either go self guided or on a tour. We went once, became hooked and bought our own kayak! Now we constantly nag everyone we know to come with us!

Departure point is Garden Island (about 10 mins drive from Port Adelaide) and kids are good to go (we went with a friend who has a 4 and a 6 year old - there is a kayak set up for one adult and 2 kids to go together). Even if you don't see the dolphins it's beautiful floating around between the mangroves and exploring the shipwrecks (no kayaks wrecked - honest!).

It's about $40 or $50 for an adult. Not sure about children's prices. The company we arrange tours with is adventure kayak. Not sure if I'm allowed to put the link in...?

Every visitor we have has to do the kayaking....my 60+ year old parents went this year...it was the highlight of my mum's holiday, and she can;t swim!!