Guest vijnit

176 sponsored visa - how do they know we are here ?

Guest vijnit

Hi Guys,

Quick question,

We have been here for 7 weeks on the 176 state sponsored PR visa. Do we need to notify anyone that we are here and our "2 year" commitment to stay in SA is now active, or do we just carry on living here, and assume our entry into Adelaide has been picked up, and after 2 years we are able to move to anywhere in Australia (not that we intend to anyay!) ?

I'm not sure if DIMA or anyone such like needs to know we are here ?

Does anyone have any ideas on what we need to do if we need/ed to do anything ?

Thanks

Vijay

:confused:

we are on a different visa, but did have a form to fill in to notify them we were here. It will be logged as you entered anyway.

Guest Kazzarazza
    Hi Guys,

Quick question,

We have been here for 7 weeks on the 176 state sponsored PR visa. Do we need to notify anyone that we are here and our "2 year" commitment to stay in SA is now active, or do we just carry on living here, and assume our entry into Adelaide has been picked up, and after 2 years we are able to move to anywhere in Australia (not that we intend to anyay!) ?

Thanks

Vijay

Hi Vijay,

Congratulations on the move. I don't think you HAVE to tell DIMA, I think they would know anyway, through your passport movements.

I would, however, contact Immigration SA (State Sponsorship office) out of courtesy. You will probably get invited to a free information session and receive lots of useful help and advice. They are at Level 10, 50 Pirie Street, Adelaide. Tel 8204 9250

Good luck, Karen

Guest Ellie
    Hi Guys,

Quick question,

Thanks

Vijay

We are waiting for our 176 visa's and we were under the impression you have to visit Immigration north Adelaide to notify you have arrived and sign a form within 7 days of arrival. I could be mistaken but I'm sure we were told something.

Guest soggy
    Hi Guys,

Quick question,

Thanks

Vijay

Hi,

when you apply for PR you will be expected to prove you have lived in SA for 2 years, remember to keep all your rental agreements, utility bills, keep receipts and anything that shows you are "living" in SA.:)

Simon

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi

I just copied this from e-mail we had when we got granted SS. Hope it helps.

If visa is granted by DIAC, applicant to report to Immigration SA within 14 days of arrival in South Australia

You are reminded that this Sponsorship is being granted based on your Declaration that you will migrate to and live in South Australia for at least two years and that you will keep Immigration SA informed of your arrival and contact details during that period.