minty

Rentals with dogs. Easy or hard.

Hello, Want to bring our two dogs with us when we come so want to see if the rental market will allow it. Hopefully want to get a 6 months rental and then buy. What are the relistic chances of getting a rental with 2 dogs.

I have spent some time recently looking at rentals for friends who arrive soon. There are definitely houses about that will allow dogs....but definitely fewer. Some landlords are particular...i.e. small dog allowed...only cats allowed etc...etc..

But i have managed to secure them a lovely rental in woodcroft which allows dogs...current tenants have two...and they are big!!!

It can be done....but it does narrow your options..

Guest lippy

We only brought the one over but we didn't have any problems. We showed photos of our old house to show the condition we kept it in with all our dogs - 8 of them! Never offered any extra bond and haven't had any problems. Most require you to keep the dogs out but there are some landlords that allow them inside.

Good luck

Julie

I've rented three places over the last 8 years, 2 allowed the dog inside and one outside only. We have a lot of pets in our current rental - we have a dog, 4 aviaries full of birds, and some fish indoors - no probs with landlord at all.

Guest Fulwood

Lippy - great idea on the photos. Our Mutt is well behaved and you wouldn't even know she existed if you went in our current house. Apart from the fact that she may be sat on your feet!!!

Guest Fulwood

I've just mentioned this to my OH and she thinks it is great - especially as we are just in the process of decorating the whole house before we rent it out!