Guest bev_stef

Washing Machine

Guest bev_stef

Hi do UK washing machine's fit onto Ozzie cold water feeds? Just we are getting packed next week and want to know if worth taking or leaving in for tennants.

Thanks

Guest bugbabe

I would like to know the same about Fridge Freezers...can you just change the plug and go or are they different voltage?

Guest bugbabe

And good luck with your packing/saying goodbyes etc xx

I would like to know the same about Fridge Freezers...can you just change the plug and go or are they different voltage?

All UK electrical equiptment works in Aus you just have to change the plug, Everything is the same voltage.

Guest bev_stef

Hi I know that the voltage is the same, i just wanted to know if the pipes for the water conection are the same thanks :-)

All UK electrical equiptment works in Aus you just have to change the plug, Everything is the same voltage.

Hi I know that the voltage is the same, i just wanted to know if the pipes for the water conection are the same thanks :-)

Sorry not a plumber i was replying to Bugbabes question. I would have a guess if they are different there will be some sort of adaptor or a case of cutting the adaptor of the old one and fitting a compresion adaptor for the new ones.

Guest cunnah10
    Hi do UK washing machine's fit onto Ozzie cold water feeds? Just we are getting packed next week and want to know if worth taking or leaving in for tennants.

Thanks

we have chatted on & off for over quite some time!!!

Your time has come....GOOD LUCK X

Guest Wersal Gummage

Hello Bev, Your water pipes will fit fine over here although you'll have to turn your washing machine upside down for it to work... Just my little joke;) seriously, pipes will fit ok.

As for fridge/freezers as mentioned earlier they will work fine with a plug change but during the summer months they will have to work much harder than they ever did in the UK so wont be very economical to run.

My advice would be to leave it in the UK and by one of the big American style (or should I say Australian Style) fridge freezer combos they have here.

You will need a much bigger one than the typical type you see in the UK as most everything is kept then there during the summer months.

Hello Bev, Your water pipes will fit fine over here although you'll have to turn your washing machine upside down for it to work... Just my little joke;) seriously, pipes will fit ok.

As for fridge/freezers as mentioned earlier they will work fine with a plug change but during the summer months they will have to work much harder than they ever did in the UK so wont be very economical to run.

My advice would be to leave it in the UK and by one of the big American style (or should I say Australian Style) fridge freezer combos they have here.

You will need a much bigger one than the typical type you see in the UK as most everything is kept then there during the summer months.

Or you could bring your UK one to tide you over and then when you buy an Aussie one, use your UK one for beer! :cute:

Seriously its one less thing to buy when you get over here as you seem to bleed money when you first arrive!

Lea

Guest mantis88

Leave it there. washing machine are so cheap out here, specialy as you get a $200 water rebate !will probably cost you less than shipping it and you'll be able to wash your cloths for the 2 months or so your waiting for it to arrive!