Guest The Morleys

Has anyone rented a caravan? recommendations wanted please x

Guest The Morleys

Hi all,

We're due to emigrate in January, we are still not sure which area we want to live in (despite all the really helpful messages we've received from everyone here) and having looked on property rental sites we are considering renting a caravan as we don't want to be tied to a 6 month contract till we're happy with the area and renting a house on a tempory basis is mega expensive.

I was just wondering if anyone else has rented a caravan and could you recommend a nice site (I hate to be cynical but I can't help having concerns about the potential neighbours we may have:confused:) As I've said previously I need to be withing 30 minutes of the Royal Adelaide Hospital, and we'd like to be on a nice family site where we are not going to have loud neighbours rolling in in the early hours (caravans have thin wall and I'm a light sleeper. lol)

Many Thanks

Nina

Guest Nicky&Andy

check out www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au we stayed three weeks at adelaide beach front , pool, tv , dvd, washing machine, dish washer use of internet in the reception, close to bus links, and train to adelaide, would definatly stay there again. good starting point for looking around, we stayed in a dolphin cabin, bit more than a caravan, even had reverse air con, house keepers in once a week to change sheets /towels ect although we left the snow of england back in feb so we were glad for the heat of the end of summer in adelaide

Hi all,

We're due to emigrate in January, we are still not sure which area we want to live in (despite all the really helpful messages we've received from everyone here) and having looked on property rental sites we are considering renting a caravan as we don't want to be tied to a 6 month contract till we're happy with the area and renting a house on a tempory basis is mega expensive.

I was just wondering if anyone else has rented a caravan and could you recommend a nice site (I hate to be cynical but I can't help having concerns about the potential neighbours we may have:confused:) As I've said previously I need to be withing 30 minutes of the Royal Adelaide Hospital, and we'd like to be on a nice family site where we are not going to have loud neighbours rolling in in the early hours (caravans have thin wall and I'm a light sleeper. lol)

Many Thanks

Nina

You will need to be quick to book a caravan as its in the holiday seadson & you could be left with the rubbish ones..

I also looked into renting a cabin for family when they are over, but after researching, an Executive cabin ( if you can call it that!!) was expensive ( approx $1050 per week.) Even a budget cabin is $640 per week. After considering the cost & standard of them, we decided to rent a short term holiday let. It only cost $700 per week and had all mod cons.. Dishwasher, washing machine, 3 good sized bedrooms ( instead of cramped bunk beds) After travelling all this way, the last thing you need is a grotty place to stay!!

http://www.brightoncaravanpark.com.au/index.html This is a caravan site

http://www.firststeprentals.com.au/properties.html http://www.roorentals.com.au/

& short term let.. Have a look & compare. As the cost isnt much different, you may want to relook at short term lets!! But book soon as they will be getting booked up..

We live at Reynella in the South. My husband travels to the RAH it takes 35mins. Just to give you an idea.

There is Woodcroft Caravan Park .

West beach may be a good one they have chalets as well. It's situated well for other things.

Guest Mick and Helen

We stayed on West Beach when we arrived it's really nice