NW Adelaide suburbs - any opinions?

Guest Fulwood

Guest Fulwood

Hi all,

I am joining SAPol and being posted in the Western LSA. That is basically everywhere between 9 and 12 on the clock face with the CBD in the middle!

I fancy living around the Henley Beach/Grange area but obviously you pay a premium for being on the coast. Are there any suburbs slightly in land that are really nice, or perhaps more imprtantly any areas that I wouldn't want to live?

I need to consider schooling as well. My 12yo will initially go to primary (although as I understand only until Christmas?) so I need be within the catchment of a good high school. Again, I've heard good reports on Henley High but would welcome any comments or alternatives.

Many thanks

Guest Nikkic

I am an old school Adelaide boy, I would stay away from the Port Adelaide area as you will spend most of your working day down there!;) Saying that it has improved since I lived in Adelaide!

West Lakes area is good value and a nice spot.

You could venture up to the North East suburbs and go straight down Grand Junction Road if your working down at the port.

Good luck

Dallas

Guest BeatleJuice
Hi all,

I am joining SAPol and being posted in the Western LSA. That is basically everywhere between 9 and 12 on the clock face with the CBD in the middle!

I fancy living around the Henley Beach/Grange area but obviously you pay a premium for being on the coast. Are there any suburbs slightly in land that are really nice, or perhaps more imprtantly any areas that I wouldn't want to live?

I need to consider schooling as well. My 12yo will initially go to primary (although as I understand only until Christmas?) so I need be within the catchment of a good high school. Again, I've heard good reports on Henley High but would welcome any comments or alternatives.

Many thanks

I agree with Dallas, westlakes is ok. and im a Portboy, i would also have a good look at Salisbury as well, little bit further inland from the Port up grand junction Rd then onto Main North Rd. i havent lived there for a while but they have put in a new rd from the Port through to Pt wakefield Rd.........not really that far 20 mins maybe. hope this helps.