Our Leaving Party has been cancelled

likesshopping

Due to the floods in Evesham, our party that was due to take place this saturday has had to be cancelled. Our venue...The Rowing Club, was completely flooded....the hotel where our families were booked into had also been completely flooded.

We're obviously gutted, but thats nothing compared to what people have had to put up with. My family live in gloucester and they have had no running water for 3 days and have been told that it will take 7 - 14 days until they can expect to get to normal.........we're supposed to be moving in with my parents in 10 days...(they'll be really smelly by then!!)

So, we're off to cardiff this weekend to say goodbye to chris's friends and family......

What am I gonna do with the inflatable kangaroos and palm trees dotted around my lounge?

....note to self.......Stop sounding so smug to others when explaining we're getting out of here in 3 weeks:rolleyes:.

Hope your all ok...

sarahx

Guest daksha

Hi Sarah,

Oh my God so sorry to hear your party has been canceled. I know how bad it is as we too live in Evesham.

Good Luck in your forthcoming move to Aderlaide.

Guest ali@51

I am so sorry your party has been cancled. but at least you are in one piece. Could you not have a regatta instead 7_3_101v.gif the non swimmers could cling to the blow up roos and palm trees and imagin they are surfing??? Only joking they would have to imagin it was sunny then and that might be a step to far.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxuk137YYGB

Guest graandjac

:(Remember these thing are sent to try us , for starters i would get onto whoever is incharge of the charts and get bloody Rhianna kicked out pronto ,its all her fault:p

Cheers Graham

Guest jen&ian

Sorry to hear about the party Sarah,:( I was only thinking about it the other day and saying to Ian I wonder if their venue is flooded. Good luck with everything else and as Lisa says use the roo's for your house warming - can I borrow them in November?;).

Jen:)

Sarah

Sorry to hear about the party being cancelled, nightmare:mad: but atleast your all OK, without wanting to rub it in our party is on this saturday and provided the river at the back of the hotel doesnt burst its banks we should be ok:eek: we now have less than 3 weeks to go before we are off :rolleyes: really looking forward to it now. Hope all your family get the help and support they need to get back to normal

We'll have to arrange to wear something at the airport so we notice each other... Perhaps we can each have a blow up Kangaroo strapped to our backs..

Take care speak to you soon

Kim

Hi all

thanks for the replies....

Kim..will be thinking of you tonight - hope all goes well at your doo.

darsk....where abouts are you in evesham? we're in the apartments in common road.

We are moving out of our flat next week into mums and mum is now going to throw us a smaller leaving party at her house for close friends and family on 11th aug...........so all is not lost.

Really counting down the days now - just cannot wait to get there!!!!!!!

sarahx

Wow, I can't believe the floods are so bad over there. Its really effecting everyone up and down the country.

So sorry to hear about your do being cancelled. Thats a real bummer......:(

J x

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Hi Sarah

I had been wondering how you were getting on in the floods.

I have now been without running water for 5 days and still don't know when it will be back.

My office in Gloucester has been closed and don't know when it can re-open. Unfortunately I was on leave anyway and what a waste of a week!

The only bright point for me personally was that I moved from Tewkesbury 4 years ago and the house I used to live in had water 2 feet up the walls. When I lived there and the water crept up my garden every time there were floods I used to think we were quite safe as it would need to be at least another 4 foot to enter the house which would never happen!!!!!!! How wrong could I have been!!!!!!

Tewkesbury got some running water back yesterday and as all my family still live there I will be visiting for a shower later today. That is definately the thing I am missing most.

Rachel:(

Guest Django

I missed this thread somehow.:confused:

What a bummer. To go to through all that. It has been a bit wet over there though hasn't it. Just remind yourself you should be okay in your new place. Don't think you will have to cancel any BBQs because of flooding.;)

Enjoy your party even though it wasn't what you had planned. :)

Pete

Hi Sarah,

We are at Thistledown, off the Cheltenham rd.

Hope you enjoy your leaving Party. Good luck for your move to Oz.

DEE!! Bizarre....thats where we lived until we sold our house and moved into rented 6 months ago....we lived at The Heathers!!

Rachel....yes, had my entire family over to ours on Thursday and thursday night all for showers and use of our washing machine.........SO lucky your not in Tewkesbury....

Went to Cardiff for the weekend to say goodbye to OH family...had a low key meal and then said goodbyes to his 2 brothers and neices and nephew...no tears, everyone was very British!

Speak soon

sarahx