Birmingham / West Midlands

Guest davey72

Guest Tracey
Hi Trace

We have been here since November 2008, notice you are from Oldbury, so were we. Give us a shout if you need any help as you will be here in a few weeks.

Dawn

Hi, oh wow, fancy that, what a small world it is lol. pm me so i can give you my email. thanks for the offer of any help we'll have to meet up or something, an yes just over a week away, very nervous, excited, very mixed feelings. you will have to tell me how to have got on since you got there.

all the best trace x

Guest lastboyscout
Hi all,

This is what we like a Midlands topic

Been here in Adelaide since Nov 2007 and loving it

Originally from Walsall but grew up in Cannock !!!

Living in Morphett Vale.

So If any of you Midlanders fancy a meet up or chat get in touch :jiggy:

OMG what a small world ;)

I grew up in Blocko (Bloxwich) and Shell is from Great Wyrley originally, moved over here from Cheslyn Hay :)

Been here 15 months and love it to bits :)

Guest lastboyscout
Will the last person to leave the Midlands kindly turn the lights out? We're also from Sutton Coldfield, Richie lived in Sheldon when he was a kid though. He's a Bluenose through and through, God knows why!!:biglaugh:

Poor Rich :( He`ll be really gloomy after Sunday the 13th when we whack `em again :jiggy:

hi all fellow midlanders both here and in the uk,

we too are from the midlands, both brummies born n bred but was living in polesworth near tamworth before moving here in april 2008, we are living in seaford in the south,loving our new lives here now we are settled, if we can be of any help to you lot coming over just give us a yell, and if you decide to have a meet we would try make it:)

Dawn x

Guest angiestaff
Hi Ang, yes i have got a job at queen elizabeth hospital, start in october. Sounds good that people at your work have been helpful and supportive to you at work, you need that.

We have just had our OAA given to us, don't look brilliant, but at least it cheap and chearful, and will just be a base for us to look for more permanent digs. Guess we'll only be sleeping there anyways. Do you have kids, how they finding it?

Trace

hi tracey, sorry for delay in replying (don't get on here as much, admittedly spend more time on facebook now!), by my working out you should be arriving in adelaide 2morrow!! (hopefully you'll find an internet cafe and check poms in adelaide when u arrive! lol)

me n hubby don't have kids, just 2 staffie's called ronnie n reggie (cost more to get them here than us and our belongings!! lol)

have you looked at areas you may consider for rental?, we're in west lakes which is 5-10 min drive from the Q.E hospital. what area is your temp housing in?

send me a P.M when you read this and we'll have to swap email addresses, be nice to see how you find crammond clinic

hope ur arrival goes ok, speak soon, ange ;)

yeah small world hey !!!

I used to work in cheso many years ago N still got friends in wyrley.

Been here nearly 2 years in November n loving it just like u :biglaugh:

Just wished I had done it many years ago.

Well if your are ever done south we will have to catch up hey !!

[

quote=lastboyscout;97209]OMG what a small world ;)

I grew up in Blocko (Bloxwich) and Shell is from Great Wyrley originally, moved over here from Cheslyn Hay :)

Been here 15 months and love it to bits :)

Guest davey72
Will the last person to leave the Midlands kindly turn the lights out? We're also from Sutton Coldfield, Richie lived in Sheldon when he was a kid though. He's a Bluenose through and through, God knows why!!:biglaugh:

At last a Bluenose I thought it was all villa fans that emigrated out here!! prehaps that explains for the low the crowds over at the shed these days!!

to the "Monaghans" we leave Sutton Coldfied ( jockey road) in 4 weeks and will be in Millswood for 4 months until we find permanent housing, if your husband wants a fellow bluenose to watch the footie with drop me a line....we can both gang up on Last Boy Scout ;)

Guest lastboyscout
At last a Bluenose I thought it was all villa fans that emigrated out here!! prehaps that explains for the low the crowds over at the shed these days!!

to the "Monaghans" we leave Sutton Coldfied ( jockey road) in 4 weeks and will be in Millswood for 4 months until we find permanent housing, if your husband wants a fellow bluenose to watch the footie with drop me a line....we can both gang up on Last Boy Scout ;)

It still won`t stop me going on about our superb 5-1 :biglaugh:

70FC2BAC-F0BB-E12F-1369595807AC6AB4.jpg

Hey, more Suttonians, get in!...My husband was born & raised there, and I consider myself an honary after going to school there, although actually lived in Lichfield.

we've been here nearly two years...give my regards to the parade...and have a good trip.

Jen

Guest Mick and Helen

I was born in the land of the Gold and Black my wife originates from Walsall. theres a get together being planned in Glenelg last one was a good night would like to see few more midlanders at the next one.

Mick

Guest angiestaff

hubby has informed me that he has P.M.T (pre match tension) as the dreaded 'local derby' between blues and 'the vile' is this sunday!!.... i have warned the neighbours already to expect EXTREME swearing (and hopefully cheering lol)

:notworthy: ...this will be hubby when he gets to look at st andrews on the t.v

:biglaugh:...this will be hubby if the blues win lol

and there isn't a smiley graphic enough to show how he'd look if blues lose!!! lol

ange

I am even being hassled from half way round the world.......................fair paly one goal was going to win it. I thought we had plenty of chances to finsih it, McClueless didnt make the change when Mcfadden went of should have brought chico on at that point. Subing a sub whats all that about.......... Oh well at least I will be able to watch the next one in the sunshine.

SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH:biglaugh:

Gabby Agbonlahor:notworthy::notworthy::jiggy:

I am even being hassled from half way round the world.......................fair paly one goal was going to win it. I thought we had plenty of chances to finsih it, McClueless didnt make the change when Mcfadden went of should have brought chico on at that point. Oh well at least I will be able to watch the next one in the sunshine.

SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH:biglaugh:

Gabby Agbonlahor:notworthy::notworthy::jiggy:

Guest askmeaboutadelaide

Anyone know the date of the next big midlands meet up at Glenelg, we have missed a few lately?

Oh yes, and we're originally from Wolverhampton but lived in Cannock then Wyrley before coming to Adelaide six years ago.

We feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to travel across the entire state a several times experiencing many weird and wonderful things along the way. Best place in SA in my opinion has to be Breakaways just outside Coober Pedy - go there if you get the chance, it's breathtaking! Adelaide is only a fraction of what SA has to offer.

Guest Mick and Helen
Have had a word with one of the organisers who is looking into doing another one,will post as soon as I get anymore info

Hey all,

Few months back had a successfull meet up at the Pier One Bar, Glenelg. Have had a few requests to get another one organised.:jiggy:

I thought about making this on Sat 17th Oct...give ppl time to arrange what thay need too etc...:biglaugh:

Any thoughts/takers?

Dan

This one was a good night out last time. Mick

• 4 weeks later...
Guest davey72

Last Boy Scout I am finally here mate, send me a message if you fancy meeting up for a pint to discuss the finer qualities of midlands football!! I have no transport as yet but I am sure we could arrange a pint half way somewhere between Millswood and your place. My email is daveymatt at yahoo dot co dot uk.