Sign in to follow this  
Guest davey72

Adelaide via Hong Kong

Guest davey72

Anyone on here travel via Hong Kong? looking for self catering for 2 adults and 2 infants. All we can seem to find is hotels. Would really like self catering as the kids are 2 & 3 so think self catering would be easier.

Cheers

Come on no replies!! no one here arrived via hong kong?

Guest hulltigers
    Anyone on here travel via Hong Kong? looking for self catering for 2 adults and 2 infants. All we can seem to find is hotels. Would really like self catering as the kids are 2 & 3 so think self catering would be easier.

Cheers

Come on no replies!! no one here arrived via hong kong?

we are going to adelaide via hong kong on 27th sept, but dnt need accomadation ..

Guest bev_stef

Hi, we are going via Hong Kong but staying at Disney so the boys have a break.

I do know when looking for accomodation there are serviced apartments in the city but quite expensive.

Guest SA Great

We arrived many years ago but was in Hong Kong last year and stayed at the Salisbury YMCA....really good but not self catering

Guest BAZnDAF

We are also going via Hong Kong, but do not require any accomodation

Guest MutleyCrew

Hi. We stopped off at Hong Kong on way back from Oz reccie in May this year. We have 2 boys ( 7 & 9) and after searching around on the net we decided to stay at Disney Hollywood Hotel. We would highly recommend staying there. You'll find it very family friendly. Excellent buffet breakfast. They did have an offer on where if you bought a 1 day park ticket you got the second day entry free. It breaks the journey up and we're sure that you're children would love it there. Our boys loved it. If you decide to stay around the hotel pool Goofy even takes regular strolls down and goes in for a swim with you!! Very family friendly and other eating places easily accessible via the local MRT. Nearest food hall at Tung Chung station (only 1 stop away). All the best for the future......

Guest davey72

Thanks everyone I will look at the Disney land but on a selfish tip I cant stand disney land and all that it inspires. But if it is going to be easier on the kids then I will take a look, was it expensive? I always imagine disneyland to be vastly expensive.

Guest Lisado

Hi there

We are staying in Hong kong on 5 Sept for 2 nights with our 2 kids - aged 9 and 5. We have booked the Regal Oriental (looks fab and lots of different restaurants as well) and we have bed and breakfast. Wegot the hotel for just over £50 per night but that was a deal we managed to wangle with or flights.

We thought it would break up the journey a bit. We won't be heading to Disney though!

Lisa

Guest MutleyCrew

Hi. Wouldn't say that Disney is top of our list but for children they love it. Hong Kong Disney is quite small and personally even us adults found our own bit of fun. The parade in the afternoon is great fun because they do a water parade and you are guaranteed to get wet at some stage! As for how expensive I would say it's more reasonable to stay at the Hollywood hotel compared with the hotel prices in Hong Kong itself. The other bonus is you are lonly looking at approx 15 - 20 mins away from airport in taxi.

Guest davey72

Cheers, are you flying with Cathay Pacific? if so I will give them a call and try and get that deal with the hotel.