MacLeods

Av Jennings New Builds

HI

We have been looking at AV jennings as a potential builder for a new build house / land package. Has anyone used them for a build, considered using them or considered not using them for whatever reason. Has anyone out there been to a display village, the houses look fantastic on the web but i know they are dressed very well and photographed/ filmed to look fantastic. Also these houses can be upgraded (appliances, fittings, flooring, tiling) does anyone know what the upgrade price would be in relation to a percentage of the published price. Have asked all of the above in an email to them but no response...............which is not the greatest first impression. Finally are there any other similar contractors who like to recieve emails.

cheers

Michelle

Guest dale_jo@
    HI

We have been looking at AV jennings as a potential builder for a new build house / land package. Has anyone used them for a build, considered using them or considered not using them for whatever reason. Has anyone out there been to a display village, the houses look fantastic on the web but i know they are dressed very well and photographed/ filmed to look fantastic. Also these houses can be upgraded (appliances, fittings, flooring, tiling) does anyone know what the upgrade price would be in relation to a percentage of the published price. Have asked all of the above in an email to them but no response...............which is not the greatest first impression. Finally are there any other similar contractors who like to recieve emails.

cheers

Michelle

Hi Guys!

We built through AV Jennings 8 yrs ago , we were very happy with them. Their workmanship was very good and the time that they took to build wasn`t to bad!!!

If you can, do as much as you can afford to, to your house while being built as when you move in you never get the time or money to finish things off!!!

JO & Dale

Guest dglamoore

There are lots of display villages you can walk around here that will give you an idea of the layout and the finish of the building company. Also have a chat to one of the sales guys in the display office and see how weel they know their stuff and how helpful they are. ;)

When we were in the uk we had brochures sent over from Sterling Homes, AV Jennings and info from Homestead Homes to look through but once you see how they build and actaully walk through their homes you get a better idea :D

Lisa:cool:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi Michelle

We are currently building with Statemans Homes and we have been through nearly every display home in South Australia - north and south. It is a fantastic experience ....

You can either find land and then find your house to suit, or go for a house and land package. Most builders will tell you straight off that the whole process takes about 1 year, from finding your land to getting the keys to move in.

Once you decide on your builder and the house design, you go to their offices to do your colour selections and then this is when you upgrade (if you want) to better tiles, fittings, appliances and so on. Also when looking at prices of houses, be prepared that you have lots of hidden prices to consider - retaining walls, preparation of groundwork (footings), air conditioning and heating (optional), the list goes on.

All of the show homes I have visited (with the exception of Fairmount, which were set out very florally/Laura Ashley 15 years ago and I could not see past that, sorry!) were stunning. All of the sales consultants on site are very helpful. In our experience, doing stuff over the internet from the UK is a bit tricky.

Good luck with the process and if you need any further help - ask away.

Sas;)

Hi Michelle

We are currently building with Statemans Homes and we have been through nearly every display home in South Australia - north and south. It is a fantastic experience ....

You can either find land and then find your house to suit, or go for a house and land package. Most builders will tell you straight off that the whole process takes about 1 year, from finding your land to getting the keys to move in.

Once you decide on your builder and the house design, you go to their offices to do your colour selections and then this is when you upgrade (if you want) to better tiles, fittings, appliances and so on. Also when looking at prices of houses, be prepared that you have lots of hidden prices to consider - retaining walls, preparation of groundwork (footings), air conditioning and heating (optional), the list goes on.

All of the show homes I have visited (with the exception of Fairmount, which were set out very florally/Laura Ashley 15 years ago and I could not see past that, sorry!) were stunning. All of the sales consultants on site are very helpful. In our experience, doing stuff over the internet from the UK is a bit tricky.

Good luck with the process and if you need any further help - ask away.

Sas;)

Thanks for your reply, we can't wait to get there and start looking, in the meantime we will have to satisfy ourselves with online visual tours....................;)

cheers Michelle

Guest Guzzler&Sas

no problems - if there is anything else you want help with, let me know or PM us. All the best with it.

Regs

S

Guest Leanne & Mark

Was wondering if anyone new about 2 storey houses? Are there building restrictions to stop you having a 1 built? Do the main builders you've mention have 2 storey plans???

I hate the idea of my kids bedrooms going straight on to the front street, and would prefer we had the room in the garden for a pool rather than filling the whole plot with a house or is it cheaper to buy a bigger plot?!?

:confused:

Leanne

Guest Russfamily

dont know about oz but its alot cheaper to build a one story place than a two story but the land in oz is cheaper than here

Guest dglamoore
    Was wondering if anyone new about 2 storey houses? Are there building restrictions to stop you having a 1 built? Do the main builders you've mention have 2 storey plans???

I hate the idea of my kids bedrooms going straight on to the front street, and would prefer we had the room in the garden for a pool rather than filling the whole plot with a house or is it cheaper to buy a bigger plot?!?

:confused:

Leanne

Most of the builders here have 2 storey plans as well. We always though we would have a 2 storey built but after living in a single storey I love it :D so much quicker to clean ;) There are some bigger plots around but they are getting scarcer as more and more developers buy land to sub divide.

Lisa:cool:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Two storey houses are a lot more expensive to build and there are restrictions - one being that you have to frosted glass on windows upstairs if you overlook neighbours. We only looked at a few 2 storey houses, but the designs were not overly impressive and there were waste of spaces upstairs - like a family room - but when you are downstairs in the kitchen if you want to watch the kids play (if they are young like mine) upstairs seems to far away. Does that make sense? The single storey houses here seem much better planned (in my opinion). Forgot to mention, the usually the master bedroom is downstairs in 2 storey's and others upstairs ...

Good luck with it.

Sas