Any Nurses on a 457 visa?

Guest The Morleys

Guest The Morleys

Hello all.

Has anyone gone over on a 457 visa? I'm a nurse and I've been offered a job and the hospital are going to sponsor me on a 457 visa. Has anyone else gone over on a 457 and can you talk me through the process and if possible give me an idea of time frame.

Thanks Very Much

Nina:wubclub:

Guest katterfresh

Hi Nina,

I recently got offered a job with Northern Adelaide Health Service and have been allocated to the Queen Elizabeth hospital. My boyfriend and i fly out to Adelaide on the 23rd Sept to start work on the 12th Oct. My VISA is a 457 and with regards to time frame it took about a month. Have u applied to the NBSA?

Regards

Kat

Guest The Morleys

Hi, No I've not applied to NMBSA yet, I'm still waiting for my references to send with my application. How long did it take for you to get your registration?

Did you have to apply for you visa yourself? I've been told to go on the immi.gov.au website and apply online, but I'm having difficulty finding the application form. My sponsor has sent me a TRN number but not sure what to do with it...can you help?

Thanks

Nina

Guest katterfresh

Once i received my references and sent off the NBSA form with the payment it took about a month to assess eligibility to be registered. I then had to make another payment to become registered and this took about 3 weeks.

I had an agent that my sponser had employed to help me with the process. Im not entirely sure what the TRN number is, I think it may be the nomination number from the sponser. Your sponser will have had to apply to become a sponser and once they have been aproved they are given a nomination number, which u have to put on ur VISA form where it indicates.

You can get the forms for the VISA from the DIAC website. It is also called a Temporary (long term) business VISA subclass 457.

Hope this helps. Anything else i can help u with please dont hesitate to ask! x

Guest katterfresh

The form u need is a form 1066. If u search in the alphabetical list under the Visa's, immigration and refugees heading you will find the form in the A's Application for a temporary business (long stay) visa.