willow1978

Feeling a bit low

As it says feeling low, hubby at work kids at kindy and i'm looking for a job... Trouble is all my certs are being shipped (arriving 2nd October thanks to hubby) we've had words... Looking to do Support work which been doing in UK for 6 years, seen a job at Scosa would be great but they are looking for copies of qualifactions.

Just feeling at a bit of a lose end and alone, there is only so much cleaning i can do.

Rant over, other than that i loving being here, it's now week 6 and boy they have gone quick...

Guest Lisajonesey

Sorry to hear you're having a bad a day. Could you still apply for the job if you explain that you will recieve them in October? In the meantime they can call your references to vouch for you?

Did you old employer in the UK take copies? Could they email you them to tie you over?

Looking for work sucks. FACT. Keep at it though. Have you thought about doing some temp work till your shipping arrives, to keep you occupied during the day?

Where abouts have you moved to? Have you had a night out since you've been here? Sounds like you could do with a change of scene.

Fingers crossed you find something soon.. in the meantime - enjoy the sunshine!!

Lisa.x

Guest kangomik

Hi

Sorry to hear you're feeling down. Doesn't say which area you are, but what about asking if anyone in your area fancy meeting somewhere for a coffee? I don't normally post on here (it's hubby's login) but I remember being invited out in the first few months (thanks Diane!) and it really helped to have someone to chat to, break up the day and feel like me again.

I'm in the North East if that's any good.

Louise (Mrs Kangomik)

I'm in Christie Down/Beach Area. No nights out as yet, with having two little ones (4 &2) not always easy.

Looking at new rentals also, need to be out of here end of September... still looking around this area as kids are settling at kindy, only go 2 days a week which was needed as they were getting bored of my company.

I'm looking for a tennis club at present as i'd like to get a bit fitter so if anyone knows of any let me know.

Guest Lisajonesey

WOW!!!

It looks really nice - brilliant location!! Good Luck!!!!!!

Are you guys in On Arrival Accomadation, or is it just a tempory thing for now?

We live in Glenelg, so if you're ever over this way, give me a shout!

We don't have a car yet.. so I'm at the mercy of the tram.. fingers crossed it won't be long before we get one though - it's driving me nuts!

We've only been here 3 months, so I can imagine how you're feeling. I've only been working for a week. There are a few people from this site meeting at the Griffin in the city on Wednesday night (from 6pm) If you can get a babysitter, come along! I'm sure they'll be a few people around the Christies Beach area that could whisk you away for a coffee and a natter too.

Chin up, Once you have the house side of things organised, I think you'll feel a bit better. One thing at a time.

Lisa.x

Guest Django

PM sjs Sarah Jane used to live in the same road.

Its lovely and quiet but if the wind is in the wrong direction you can get a whiff from the water treatment plant. Good location though for the shops and a lovely beach.

Guest cazzie

Hi Willow,

Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down - the days feel mighty long sometimes. Things will change eventually and before you know it you will be busier than you could have imagined. Good luck with the housing application - it looks lovely