Rich & Chit

Phone to unlock

Hi all

We plan to unlock our O2 n Erickson mobile phones but we're told they're not sure if it'll work in Oz. Anybody who has these phones unlocked in UK, and did it work there? Or is it better/cheaper just to buy the mobile when we arrive there?

Any advice/tip will be of help.

Cheers

Guest guest569

Only worth doing if you are planning on getting a sim and staying on pay as you go. Otherwise you will get a brand new phone when you sign onto a contract.Unfortunately contracts are 24 months BUT mine is only $49 a month and i get over $300 of included calls ( $100 to international numbers so you don't need to up your landline to contact rellies !!!)

Guest graandjac

Unlock the phone in the uk and bring it ......as its a little tricky getting a contract straight away as you have no proof of billing address to start with...!!!, we have just gone over to a contract after being on pay as you go for a while:)

Guest ReadyPenny

We had our Tmobile and Vodafone phones unlock in UK and they work fine here with Optus sim cards. Costs $30 per month to top up or recharge as they call it, and we get $150 to spend on calls/texts and a further $150 bonus for text messages to Optus only.

The contract phones here dont seem to be as good, in my humble opinion, and the contracts are not as good value for money as we are used to in the UK. We have been fine for 5 months on PAYG and if you top up before your credit runs out, it rolls over, on Optus not sure about the others, Vodafone dosen't.

Our landline is also with Optus we pay $100 per month for telephone and broadband, but we can call all local numbers for free, well included in the amount, and any interstate numbers at reduced cost. We then pay a $5 bolt on to call the UK for 2.9c per minute. We call someone in England almost everynight as we have a large family and our phone bill has never exceeded $130 for the month.

Hope this helps

Mandy

Thanks everyone for the info. Only got 2 hours to go before taxi picks us up for Manchester airport. Next posting will be from Adelaide, when we finally get over jet lag. Join you all soon.

Guest ReadyPenny

Have a safe journey guys - see you when you get here!!!

Mandy

Cool Buddy !!

To unlock your Ericsson mobile prefer this site The Unlock Spot.com- Unlock Your Phone

I used this site for unlocking my mobile & got nice result.

This site provides good result for unlocking mobile with unlock code...

You can make use of this site for unlocking mobile & can gain satisfactory result..

Just had a look at this site and it's bloody expensive!!!

We unlocked all our phones via the web and I think it was about $10 each phone, very quick and easy to do. Will have to see if I can find the URL, as I'm on the work computer at the moment.

Regards

Howard