Guest Zako999

How are we all going to cope?!

Guest Zako999

hello all,

Just read on the AdelaideNow website that this summer is going to be a record! What shall we do? not go outside?....... How does everybody else cope??

Arrgghhh...I'm abit worried:arghh:

thanks

Guest kellyp

Hi

Plenty of sunscreen and hit the beach, its the only place to be for me.

Kelly

Hi,

We found it strange last summer seeing people walking around with big Aussie type hats on,shades and their umbrellas up,in mega scorching hot sunshine,but it does make sense,may be doing it ourselves this summer!Seriously though,to all those about to arrive and looking for a rental,i would advise you all to ensure the property has efficient Aircon,you wont know whats hit you if you dont,ATB Sue.

Hi

Plenty of sunscreen and hit the beach, its the only place to be for me.

Kelly

Well..... you could.... or, if you don't have air con at home, you could do what the aussies do and head for the nearest air conditioned shopping mall or cinema! That way, someone else pays for the cooling!! No shade on the beach apart from what you bring with you, so if it's in the 40's, it's probably not the best place to be..... beautiful in the evening though!

if you don't have aircon....

libraries are good.

a fan with a damp towel over you at night.

Lots of ice n cold water in the fridge.

Just sit still. Take cool showers.

Do stuff at sunrise or before 10 and after 7.

Go to the beach late afternoon, stay until it gets dark...

.If you reallly get desperate through lack of sleep book a cheap motel room.

The weather channel becomes important and you look hopefully for clouds on the horizon.

Actually just stick it out , cos after a few days you begin to acclimatise.

We don't have aircon and survived through the last few heatwaves. Although the last one we were in England in -3, but it was 45 the day we arrived back and we caught the last few days.

Guest Woody and Jane

How will my dogs cope with the heat?? do other peoples dogs do ok?

How will my dogs cope with the heat?? do other peoples dogs do ok?

Plenty of ice cubes in there water or freeze the bowl and if its better inside keep them in.......we have a collie that we make sure in the summer he gets a good haircut, always makes him feel better.

Jo

Don't worry Zako!

I guess the temperatures can sound a bit alarming but I think by the time we get up to 40+, you will be ready. It gets warmer bit by bit, so whilst you might think even 30+ is hot now, because it's unlikely to go from 24 to 45C overnight, you are ready for it. Have acclimatised perhaps. Does that make sense?

We use the aircon really rarely and even the pool gets left alone- unless the kids fancy a plunge! We use our fans a fair bit, mainly because you can focus the cool air where it's needed. We go to the shops/cinema/stay in when the sun's hottest/go cooler places - the beach is usually a few degrees less and can have a cooling breeze, as are areas with trees etc. Have fun with water-pistols, cos wet clothing (dries in a flash though!) feels good. Oh and work can be a dream- you can stay in their cooled environment then come out when the temps have dropped and enjoy being with friends/family on the veranda.

It's common sense with babies, dogs and the elderly. Don't panic, the heat is ok really; no drama.

:cool: LC