Andrew from Vista Financial

First Home Owner Grants.

Hi

Just thought that I would clarify the position on the Grants as they will soon be changing, I've spoken to a few people lately that thought they were completely ending or going back to the old levels as of the end of September.

This is the situation.

New Homes: currently $21,000 reducing to $14,000 after September and then the usual $7,000 after December.

Established Homes: currently $14,000 reducing to $10,500 after September and then the usual $7,000 after December.

In addition to the above is the Bonus Grant which is $4,000 for homes under $400,000 and reducing on a sliding scale up to $450,000 where it is phased out entirely. This is seperate to the Bonuses above.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Guest Jamie&Carrie
    Hi

Just thought that I would clarify the position on the Grants as they will soon be changing, I've spoken to a few people lately that thought they were completely ending or going back to the old levels as of the end of September.

This is the situation.

New Homes: currently $21,000 reducing to $14,000 after September and then the usual $7,000 after December.

Established Homes: currently $14,000 reducing to $10,500 after September and then the usual $7,000 after December.

In addition to the above is the Bonus Grant which is $4,000 for homes under $400,000 and reducing on a sliding scale up to $450,000 where it is phased out entirely. This is seperate to the Bonuses above.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Thats good news i was under the impression that all the grants ended in december for good.

We are considering buying land Andy - I assume we would not get any grant for this, is this correct?

Even though we would be buying land to build a house on?

Thanks

Catherine

Hi Catherine.

You are right, the grants are not availble on the land, they actually become available once a building contract has been signed.

So for example if the contract has been signed on 30th September and building starts in say early December the grant would be based on the amount available at 30th September.

Hope this helps, feel free to get in touch if you have any further questions.

Andy

Guest Lauren & Alan

Many thanks for this info. Do you have to have been in Oz for 2 years before you can qualify for these grants? I am aware that NO immigrants are entited to any benefits for the first 2 years except for some kind of child tax credit equilivant that we have here??

Many thanks for this info. Do you have to have been in Oz for 2 years before you can qualify for these grants? I am aware that NO immigrants are entited to any benefits for the first 2 years except for some kind of child tax credit equilivant that we have here??

It all depends as to whether your VISA has PR on it if it deos you can claim, rent assistance and family allowance.

and you can claim the first time home buyers grant if you are on PR too

HG

Guest Lauren & Alan

Many thanks for that. We are going out to work hard and play hard so hope wont need anything anyway but good to know. We figure better at least being skint in Oz with lovely weather and more to do than stuck here in the rain!

It all depends as to whether your VISA has PR on it if it deos you can claim, rent assistance and family allowance.

HG

Guest Stedger

HG

Apologies for being a total newbie, but can you please tell me what PR is?

If it's something obvious then i don't mind looking the fool.

Cheers.

Guest soggy
    Apologies for being a total newbie, but can you please tell me what PR is?

If it's something obvious then i don't mind looking the fool.

Cheers.[/quote

Hi,

PR = permanent residency:)

Simon