Prema

a bit to quick

Okay, taking deep breaths.....

We have exchanged on the house today, crew booked to pack the house for 21st, 22nd and 23rd Sept. Container to load 23rd Sept.

Complete on house 25th Sept..... gosh that was a mouthful.....

Were still waiting for our visa's to come. Feeling very scared that the visa won't come. It's taken ages and ages. We have been told to expect a approx max 4 week wait for them to arrive... That will take us right up to our completion date, just hope they come real soon.

I've got to go and pick up my mum from airport this evening, and she is going to go spare that we have exchanged without our visa's coming though.

I just don't understand why family keep putting the guilt trip on us. I really feel numb to it all.

I just can't wait to come over, and start living properly. One of the major reasons for us coming is that we have an opportunity for me to become a stay at home mum. I have always worked full time and it's only now that I realize how much I have missed out. I stopped work in June this year, and I have so enjoyed being with the kids and having some proper time with OH. Why should we feel guilty about making something better for us?

Our family have not supported us what so ever with the kids, even on holidays we have always paid someone to look after the kids whilst we go out and earn a crust. It just makes me feel really bitter and very angry. We have one set of parents who don't work, and never offer to look after the kids, and the other my mum who works full time, but will always make excuse after excuse after excuse. So I ask myself why should I be upset to leave when i'm not. Our family never gave is a reason to stay. I have to do whats right by my kids and OH of course, we can't miss him out bless him, he is the reason that this is all possible. I knew there was a good reason why I wanted to marry him all those years ago.. he he he he

I got to keep thinking that if we don't do this, we will always have the what if question later on in life. Even if we come and it doesn't work out, at least we tried.

We always get told by family that Adelaide is so far, we won't be able to make the journey. It kinda gets me thinking if you really wanted to come and visit us you would make the effort. But just be honest and say that you can't be bothered.

I'm so so sorry about the long draft, but really were so looking forward to coming.

You'll all probably hear me screaming with joy of course when the visa comes though.:realmad:

Congratulations and hope your Visa comes quickly to help ease the preassure a bit. YOu must be desperate to get out here if you have not got your visa and npw sold your house. I am sure everything will be ok.

Have you booked your flights yet? When are you planning on coming out? I know your tupe of Visa's do tend to be done a bit quicker from what I've read so good luck.

I am bit like you that family are quite independent and I know I will miss them but we have to give it a go. If you have managed with out family in the UK I am sure you will be fine in Adelaide and there are so many nice people on here you will have a wide circle of friends before you know it.

We move out of our house in 5 weeks and fly in 7!!! arrrggghhh but can't wait

Good luck and keep us posted.

Michelle

Guest AndyJo

Thats the same as us, we sold our house yesterday after only 6 weeks of being on the market to a first time buyer was told today get ready for it to go through in as quick as 30 days! We thought that in the current climate it would take possibly months or even longer to sell, and it didnt. We too dont have our visa yet. We have found a rental which is alot cheaper to pay for rather than our mortgage so gives us the chance to save alot more, to have more to travel over with.

Goodness me we are so exited and nervous and worried and everything else, but exactly the same as you, I work full time and my daughter goes to nursery I've missed alot of her growing up so we want to go where I can be a full time mum and have everything done for when Andy gets home from work and we can have time as a family.

We cant wait!!!! Bring on that visa!

Hi Michelle

And thanks for getting back to me. Our flights are not booked yet. We can't as we have not yet got our visa. Were told that the latest the visa will arrive is the week that we complete on the house. So will be looking at booking flights for late Sept to early Oct.

As soon as they are booked I'll let you know.

Good luck with your flight, my kids are a little older but still a handful they barely got though the flight last year to Barbados which was 7.5hrs, god help us on this one. I'm looking at booking a night flight for the long haul to Singapore which should ease the pressure, as they will sleep. I really don't like it when I know their upset.

Have you already booked your seats on the plane? try and get good seats. When I few last year I booked the back seats in the plane, we were close to the loos, which sounds disgusting but it helps cause they wanna go pee like every five mins!!! But also there were no seats behind me, so I could go and stand in the corner with them without being in the way.

Keep in touch

Prema

Thats the same as us, we sold our house yesterday after only 6 weeks of being on the market to a first time buyer was told today get ready for it to go through in as quick as 30 days! We thought that in the current climate it would take possibly months or even longer to sell, and it didnt. We too dont have our visa yet. We have found a rental which is alot cheaper to pay for rather than our mortgage so gives us the chance to save alot more, to have more to travel over with.

Goodness me we are so exited and nervous and worried and everything else, but exactly the same as you, I work full time and my daughter goes to nursery I've missed alot of her growing up so we want to go where I can be a full time mum and have everything done for when Andy gets home from work and we can have time as a family.

We cant wait!!!! Bring on that visa!

I know the feeling, Just waiting for those visa's to arrive. It's weird when you first stop working. I really missed work and friends. Then you settle in at home. I love it. Hubbie is finishing early today, and were off to Northampton for a engagement party, I have not seen that side of my family for 6 years. It will be a hello and goodbye at the same time. But before we would not have the time as cooking, cleaning etc etc would need to get done. We do a lot more as a family now. You will love it. As your little one has not yet started school, you will be there for all the sports days, outings, plays it's great and well worth being there. Even if it means traveling half way across the world to be able to do that!!!!

But well done on the sale of your house, it's good when major things in your life come together, and selling your house is one of them!!!!

When are you planning to go to Adelaide?

Keep in touch

Prema

Guest mOZzy

congrats on your exchange!!!

i know how you are feeling :jiggy:

we've exchanged a week ago and the shippers will come on the 1./2. Sept - completion 3rd

and i've booked our flights today!!!!!!! we fly on the 31 October with Singapore airlines!

can't wait either :)

dont' worry about your family - as you say: if they really want to see you, they'll find a way to get over!

if not then you already know how to get through the days without their help!